Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time in the kingdom of France there lived a family. The Dupain-Cheng family though of noble blood lived in the country. Duke Thomas Dupain and his wife Duchess Sabine Cheng had a daughter, Marinette, who has skin white as snow, hair as black as night and lips as red as blood. No this is not the story of a girl who ate a poison apple.....anyway the rulers of the kingdom of France were the Agreste's. King Gabriel and his wife Queen Emilie had a son named Prince Adrien.

However when Marinette was 5 years old her mother Sabine died of a deadly illness. Another who fell victim to the illness was Queen Emilie.

When Marinette was 15 and Adrien was 16, Thomas and King Gabriel brought home new wives. King Gabriel married Countess Audrey who brought along her daughter 13 year old Zoe. Tom married Katrina Rossi who brought along her 2 daughters 18 year old Lila and 16 year old Chloe.

In order to pay for his wife and stepdaughters expenses, Tom started traveling. This left his daughter Marinette in the care of her stepmother Katrina and her stepsisters.

Jealous of Marinette's beauty, her stepmother and stepsisters made her a servant in her own home. Unlike other versions of this story she did not move to the attic or the kitchen. She was moved to the smallest bedroom in the house and only allowed to wear her good dresses when her father was home to give the illusion she was well cared for.