Getting Ready

A few days later it was finally the night of the ball. Marinette had not gotten the courage before now to ask Katrina if she could go to the ball with them. " Mother, may I go with you to the ball?" Marinette asked timidly.

" Don't be ridiculous Marinette, you are much too young for these things." Katrina said.

" Yes, stick to playing with your dolls." Chloe laughed.

" And picking flowers." Lila pointed out.

" Marinette, help Chloe with her hair and help Lila with her dress, then go wash the downstairs windows, clean your sisters rooms, then go to your room and stay there until we leave." Katrina said.

" Yes, Mother."

After doing as she was told, she went to her room. There she sat on her bed and picked up her doll her real mother had given her before her death. " I want to go to the ball too. I want to see the lights, the music, the dresses, why won't she let me go?" Marinette cried. Marinette stood up and sat at her window sill.

I'm as mild and as meek as a mouse

When I hear a command, I obey

But I know of a spot in my house

Where no one can stand in my way

In my own little corner in my own little chair

I can be what ever I want to be

( Rogers and Hammerstein own that song!)

At 7:00pm, 3 hours after she had been sent to her room, her stepmother and stepsisters were about to leave to go to the ball.

" Marinette!"

" Coming!"

Chloe's dress was mustard yellow, with long sleeves, a poofy skirt and a sweetheart neckline. Lila's was burnt orange and off the shoulder with ruffles along the skirt. Katrina's dress was gray with a flower pattern, and the dress was quite boring compared to her daughters. ( I'm bad at Descriptions I'm sorry!!!!}

" Now, we will be home half an hour after midnight, Madam Nadja is staying here to watch you. While we are gone, you are free to do anything in the house but you must not go outside. Am I clear?" Katrina asked.

" Yes mother, I understand."

At about 8:00pm there was a knock at the door. It was Tikki. " Madam Tikki, what are you doing here?" Marinette asked in disbelief.

" I figured you would be here and not at the ball. That is why I am here. I am here to help you go to the ball." Tikki stated.

" How?"

" What? You thought I was a crazy old woman?"

" Well......"

" Nevermind that, now let's see..... yes I can borrow a bit till midnight." Tikki thought. " You, dog. Go outside and see if you can round up a frog, a few lizards and some mice and maybe a melon or something." Tikki ordered Chloe's pet Pomeranian who surprisingly hated Chloe. " Now what to do about you." Tikki inspected Marinette who was in her servant dress.

" Go on, close your eyes."

Marinette stood still and covered her eyes with her hands. When she was told to open them she looked down and then in the mirror shocked at her appearance. Her hair was in princess curls and she was wearing a beautiful red dress with sparkly straps and a sparkly bodice. ( I am so bad at descriptions) 

( I had the dress but Wattpad deleted it)

" It's beautiful!" Marinette cried.

" One last thing before you see your carriage." Tikki said.

Tikki walked over to the kitchen where she poured sand into a bowl then sat it down upside down. When she lifted it up, revealed was beautiful red glass slippers. She then sat the bowl back over the slippers and beckoned Marinette to lift the bowl. When she did the slippers were gone.Tikki gestured to Marinette's feet where the slippers now sat.

" I can't believe it! I look like a princess! Oh but wait, my mother and sisters, they'll recognize me. And how should I behave?" Marinette fretted.

" Just be yourself and for the next three nights you are a princess. The Princess Ladybug. However take heed, the magic I have used tonight is borrowed magic, you must be home by midnight or everything will turn back to the way it was before."

Tikki then led Marinette outside where a beautiful carriage of gold and silver sat. " Do you like it? The mice are horses, the dog is the coachman and the lizards are the footmen." Tikki said.

" Thank you Madam Tikki! Thank you!" Marinette exclaimed.

" Remember what I said."Tikki warned.

" I will!"