A Day in the Life

4 years later......( Marinette is 18, Adrien is 19)

" Marinette!" Lila screamed.

" Yes, Lila?"

" Do my laundry!"

" No! Do my hair!" Chloe demanded.

" Do my laundry!"

" Do my hair!"

" Do my laundry!"

" Do my hair!"

" Do my laundry!"

" Do my hair!"

" Girls! Enough." Katrina commanded.
"Marinette, once you've finished helping your older sisters, you are to milk the cows, clean the chimney, make lunch, then scrub the floors." Katrina ordered.

" Yes,StepMother" Marinette sighed.

"A letter from the Duke." Rose, a maid in the house said as she came in and handed a letter to Katrina.
Katrina snagged the letter from Rose then proceeded to read it.

" Whet does it say Mother?" Chloe asked.

" His trip has been extended for another 2 weeks. However, it looks as if our current fortunes are turning around in a very good way."

The stepsisters looked at each other in confusion. What did that mean? Only Chloe was brave enough to ask that.

" It means girls that not only has your stepfather paid off our debts from the last 3 years, but he has made various connections with other courtiers from other kingdoms. This could mean big things!" Katrina laughed evil.

" What about my lace?" Chloe asked.

" And my Pearls?" Lila added.

" Can't you both see this is bigger than your pearls and lace?!" Katrina raged.

Both stepsisters ended up backing away in slight fear. Marinette backed away with them. Katrina finally realized how into it she was getting.

" Marinette, go do what I said! Girls go to your lessons!" Katrina ordered. All three girls left to do what they were told.

Marinette milked the cows for an hour, cleaned the chimney for 2 hours , cooked lunch for 20 minutes, then scrubbed the floors from top to bottom for 4 hours. She started her tasks at 9:00am and ended at 5-6pm. Luckily dinner was made by the maids. This left Marinette to have free time in her room. Katrina did not allow her to go anywhere off the property.

Meanwhile at the castle.....( Audrey isn't as much as a witch in this story)

" Gabriel!" Audrey yelled.

" Yes, what is it my queen?"

" Adrien's 20th birthday is coming up. Don't you think he should be married by now? Especially since the physician has confirmed you do not have long. Adrien needs a queen." Audrey argued.

" You are correct. I do not have long. Very well....." Gabriel agreed. "Nathalie! Bring Adrien to the drawing room."

" Yes, Your majesty." Nathalie the kings  trusted advisor and secret mistress nodded.

" Your Highness, the king would like to see you in the drawing room." Nathalie said to Prince Adrien as he fenced against Sir Jean Duparc, a knight.

" You wanted to see me father." Adrien says as he cane into the drawing room.

" Yes Adrien, as you know I do not have long and you will be king. Your stepmother pointed out your birthday is next week. Therefore we shall have a ball for 3 days, where you will find a bride." Gabriel said.

" Another scheme to marry me off?!" Adrien growled. " Why can't I find love my own?"

" Happiness and love has nothing to do with it!" Audrey blurted. Gabriel and Adrien stared at her. " Well of course we want you to be happy but you have specific obligations." Audrey corrected.

"Fine, I'll play your little game father but if this doesn't work you leave me to find love my own way." Adrien bargained.

" Nathalie, let the kingdom know that Prince Adrien Austin Apollo, Ashton,Athanase Agreste is giving a ball to find a bride." Gabriel nodded to Nathalie as she curtsied.

" I'm gonna regret this aren't I?" Adrien said to himself once his father and stepmother left.

" Probably." A mystery voice said bluntly.

" Plagg! Stop sneaking up on me!" Adrien yelled.

" Might I suggest a masque ball?" Plagg suggested.

" That's a brilliant idea! Thanks Plagg!" Adrien ran off.