The Invasion

It was a nice day touring through the city of Ginza Japan. I was nearing the end of my vacation and had decided to go to a convention that apparently was held twice a year here in Japan. I was originally in Japan for a Swordsmanship competition in wich I took third place and was given a week to relax before my flight back to America. Not sure of where to go for the convention center I went over to a police officer to ask for directions.

Y/N: excuse me officer but could you point me in the direction of the convention?

The officer who had just finished assisting somebody turned to me with a warm smile.

Officer: ah so even foreigners come by for that do they?

Y/N: oh no I just had a few days before I had to go back to the US after my swordsmanship competition.

Officer: I see, well if you go down this street...

As the officer was giving me directions a shadow darted over us and I looked up but didn't see anything. I focused back on the officer when suddenly he grabs me and pulls me to the side in time for me to not be impaled by a spear.

Y/N: holy shit! Thank you officer!

I quickly shouted before another spear impaled the man's leg. I turned in time to see a man wearing Greek like armor rushing me with a spear, and quickly sidestepping his attack I grabbed the shaft of the spear and used his momentum against him. The soldier stumbled as he released the spear and I spun it in my hands.

Y/N: definitely not my preferred weapon

I noticed the soldier get up and draw his short sword before rushing me. With quick and deft movements I twirled the spear first over then under his blade and yanked it out of his hands. As the sword clattered on the ground the tip of the spear punctured the soldiers throat.

Officer: thank you

Y/N: don't thank me yet

The officer pulled his pistol out and shot just past my shoulder and I watched as another of the soldiers fell his spear sliding beside me.

Y/N: in an emergency like this where would you evacuate the citizens to?

Officer: the old imperial palace, its that way!

He pointed off in the direction and I nodded before taking a look at the spear in his leg.

Y/N: bear with me for the pain but I'm gonna get you there as well.

The officer seemed hesitant at first but nodded as I broke the ends of the spear off.

Y/N: it might have hit something vital so I'm not going to pull it out, here take this as a crutch.

I handed him the spear that the soldier the officer killed had dropped before helping him to his feet.

Y/N: what's your name?

Officer: officer Watanabe

Y/N: nice to meet you, I'm y/n, y/n l/n.

I began to help the officer through the city having to kill a few extra soldiers along the way. Soon we could see the old imperial palace but when I looked back I saw a large group of enemy soldiers. I gave Watanabe a small push forward.

Y/N: GO!! I'll hold them here to give you time.

Watanabe: That's suicide!

Y/N: then get me some back up, and don't die ya?

Watanabe seemed conflicted and I gave him a reassuring smile. Finally he turned and began to limp with the spear to the palace. I turned to face the dozen enemies before me and deftly spun the spear in my right hand before taking a fighting stance and motioning the enemy to attack with my left hand. Two of the soldiers rushed forward, both only had their swords in hand. I had the advantage of reach and I made sure to utilize on this.