Alnus Hill

After the harrowing fight against the dragon and the somber funeral for those who did not live to see the next day, I sat in the Humvee with the medic Kurokawa who had no end of questions about my health and how I was affected by my enslavement here so far. Kuribayashi could be heard chuckling near the front and even Tomita who was driving the vehicle could be seen with a smirk.

Y/N: I'm fine. I promise. Look, when we get to the camp you can do whatever evaluation you need but please drop the questions.

Kurokawa: Oh. I'm sorry it's just that I want to make sure everything is okay.

Great now I felt like an ass. I let out a deep sigh before I looked at her.

Y/N: I promise I am okay. I've survived this long but that's because I'm a fighter. My concern now is those that are still enslaved.  Specifically promised one of them that everything would be alright and that you people would rescue her. And here I am with you, and she is at the mercy of an entitled prince.

Tomita: We will do everything we can to rescue everyone that was taken. But we also need to focus on those that we have already saved as well. So, don't be too harsh on our medic, yeah?

I nodded and then leaned towards the front of the Humvee when I saw a great big wall rise in the distance.

Y/N: *whistles* I must admit you Japanese are efficient. How long have y'all been here?

Kuribayashi: Only about a month although when we left and discovered Coda village it was still more like an outpost. I will however say that yes, our people do indeed work relatively efficiently.

The Convoy of Humvees containing the 3rd deep recon unit and the refugees from Coda village had finally returned to Alnus hill. Upon our arrival Itami was immediately hauled off to deal with his superiors and the politics while the other members of the recon unit began to help the refugees find a place to settle in. I was the unlucky one who now had to go get prodded with needles as Kurokawa led me to the medical buildings.

While I was dealing with the medical personnel a knock was heard on my door. As I was decent the doctor there simply said enter. A relatively young man dressed in his military uniform came in with a folder followed by an older soldier who had a rough look but a smile that said everything will be alright.

Yanagida: I am 1st lieutenant Akira Yanagida. With me is my lieutenant general Koichiro Hazama. We came to ask you a few questions.

The medical doctor gathered up his supplies and patted me on the shoulder.

Doctor: You are all set. After you are done speaking to them you are free to leave.

Y/N: Thank you. So, what do you want to know?

The two soldiers took a seat in the room as Yanagida opened the file he brought with him.

Yanagida: You are Y/N L/N, correct?

I nodded my head in confirmation

Yanagida: You are a citizen of the United States of America and came to Japan for a swordsmanship competition. On the same day as the competition, after you had taken 3rd place you were in downtown Ginza when an attack occurred.

Y/N: that Is what I remember, yes.

Closing the folder Yanagida looked at his superior.

Hazama: First and foremost, I want to thank you for your aid in saving the citizens of Ginza during the attack. Once my country receives word of your survival, they will most likely want to grant you a reward. Secondly might I ask what happened since your attack and why it is I have been told you will not let anyone remove the shackles?

I proceeded to explain to the soldiers everything that had occurred since my kidnapping and awakening in the dungeon. Yanagida had begun to write a report as I spoke. I told them of the many other slaves that were captured, the arena, and learning what I could of this world as well as my progress so far in freeing what Japanese slaves I could find with the assistance of Rory.

Y/N: So in the end I have no plans to allow my shackles to come off until they are the last ones to come off. I plan to continue searching the kingdom until they are all saved and have no plans to go back home anytime soon.

Hazama seemed to process this information for a time before standing and motioning for Yanagida to depart. Before leaving the room, he looked back at me with a smile.

Hazama: You are a good man; I am going to help you out. For now, find the 3rd recon team for your living arrangements for the time being. And thank you again for what you have done for my people.

With that said Hazama bowed and then departed. I sighed rubbing the back of my neck which only gave way to the sound of metal on metal as the shackles bumped one another. Getting up I left the room and building in search of the people that brought me here. Thankfully I didn't have to look far as it seemed Kurokawa was waiting for me.

Y/N: Miss Kurokawa, to what do I owe the pleasure?

I asked with a small smile knowing that she probably plans on finishing her own check up with me. Though hopefully now that their doctor cleared me she won't give me too hard a time.

Kurokawa: simply checking in. I see the doctor cleared you?

I simply nodded my head as she started walking and I followed.

Kurokawa: Well if that's the case, I guess I can stop harassing you about your health and, I'll show you where you can stay for the time being.

I thanked her as she proceeded to bring me to a row of what were basically barracks with small private rooms.

Kurokawa: generally our orders are to get the civilians back through the Gate once they have been medically cleared, but you have made it apparent that you have no intentions of doing so at the moment. You have been assigned a dorm in the 3rd recon teams dorms.

She showed me to my room and pointed out Itami's room as well as the other soldiers rooms in the unit. Then I was shown the canteen, bath house, and a few other areas of note before saying her farewells and parting ways.