Chapter Five: A Dash of Seasoning

Another Week Later

"Babe?" You stand in the doorway by the back door with a cup of coffee as Steve is sanding down his outdoor workbench. He stops what he's doing and looks up at you, a vision in your jeans and a cosy jumper, hair done looking happy. You could almost ignore the chain stopping you from leaving the doorway. "Thought you might be thirsty" You smile as you walks over, like some sort of sexy lumberjack. 

"Thank you" He smiles gratefully taking the mug and giving you a kiss on the cheek. Your heart swoons as he runs his hands though his hair. You breath in the fresh air at the doorway. "Here" He puts the steaming mug down on the wooden bench before turning to you "hold em out" he say gently. 

"What?" 

"Your wrists, hold them out." He repeats again and you do so, uneasy. "There" he smiles bashfully as you stare at him in awe watching the chain come loose and the leather straps around your wrist dropping to the floor as he unties those as well. 

"You trust me?" You look at him in shock but your voice is grateful. 

"With all my heart. . ." he tilts his head to the side, you nearly loose yourself in his eyes again. 

"What happens if I did a runner?" You probe, rubbing your wrists a little, sore from the cuffs. 

"I'd let you go. . ." he says simply, warmly. 

"You've gone all beauty and the beast on me . . ." you frown playfully as he chuckles. You step down into the garden, Steve stepping away backwards to let you down. "Its nice out here. . . " You look round the vast undisturbed forrest around you. Before looking back at a bemused Steve. "What?" 

"Nothing" He plays innocent. 

"You're looking at me funny. . ." You quiz him. 

"I'm just looking at the beauty to my beast . . . " He chuckles again, a beautiful playful sound. 

"You're corny. . ." 

"But you love it?" He smiles, wrapping his arms round you as you walk closer to him, draping your arms around his neck. 

"I do" he leans down and kisses you gently, before you both smile and then he kisses you again and again little pecks faster and faster until you can't contain your laughter anymore. "No, stop enough" you laugh trying to push away but he's too strong. 

"I have you now, you're mine and you're not going anywhere." He kisses you again. 

"So much for 'letting me go'" you roll your eyes. 

"Changed my mind" he shrugs "you're too sweet" 

"Shut up" you playfully swat him before leaning into his chest, the birds tweeting in the background as he holds you tightly. "You know she won't stay locked in there forever . . . we're going to have to let her out." 

"I thought you'd say that. . ." 

"Trust me if there was a way to contain her I would have" you smile looking up at him "but you two have a lot in common, maybe you should get to know her better." 

"How about no?" 

"For me?" You do big pouty lips and puppy eyes. 

"Don't you dare . . ." He warns shaking his head. 

"Please?" 

"She's competition. . ." He shakes his head no.

"She could help you, you could make it a team thing?" You carry on with the puppy eyes. 

"No Y/N this is not fair. . ." He moves away walking back inside, you smile following him begging. He takes his coat of shaking his head and tries to walks into the living room, stopping still as he spots the large paining.