Chapter Fifteen: Don't Play With Your Food

Flashback - 1 Year ago 

First Session of Therapy

"So, Y/N. . .  let's begin with why you came to see me. . . you mentioned you had a friend that worried you?" You look up at Melisa, playing with your fingers as she looks at you pleasantly, gently, god Ann would hate that face and the way her notepad rested on her knee. She was doing this part time in her home, trying to start up a practice of her own. It was a nice set up. Bit lonely though. 

"When I was younger, my parents only ever got on when they hit me." You being to explain, imagines of your parents fighting in the kitchen constantly, the hitting the abuse, equal give and take but to you, to you they would join forces. "I always thought it was ok, because then they would stop fighting and sometimes I'd get left alone to eat ice cream and watch movies while they went out to drink. But Ann taught me it wasn't ok, she would protect me." 

"Have you spoken to anyone about this before?" 

"Only my husband. . ." you give a gefniniue smile, not adding all the dead bodies Ann would sometimes rant too, after all they were her parents too. 

"You have a good relationship with your husband?" She asks with a gentle warmth, clearly happy to hear you had someone to talk to. 

"Very, we are quite alike" you beam "we've got two kids and hoping to adopt his niece, don't want her going though what I did. . ." you say softly and Melisa nods. 

Six Months of Therapy  

"And Ann, how would she protect you?" 

"She would take the punches for me. . . help me fight back. . ." you kept it vague. 

"Would you say, she almost took control Y/N?" 

"I - " 

"Y/N" you nod, here it was "is is safe to say, that your friend, that she is perhaps more than that?" 

"She lives in my head. . ." 

"Do you find that, sometimes, Ann controls your head?" Melisa asks slowly. You knew she was fascinated, that this was her thing, thats why you'd gone to her, you'd done your research, learned a lot from Ann over the years. 

"She does, but she's stronger than me, I can't always get it back." 

"Tell me more?" 

"You see, we sometimes share my head, we can talk to each other, but often we take it in turns. . .  I don't want her near the kids you see. . ." 

"Why not?" 

"Ann's not very motherly . . ." you pause. 

"Is she with you now?" 

"No, this is my time, she has hers later" 

"I see. . . is there a reason you don't want her to hear you now?" 

"I read something, perhaps you can help me?" 

"I will do my best" Melisa smiles. 

Eight Months of Therapy 

"You've mentioned you're becoming desperate to merge with Ann, is there a reason for the suddenness?" 

"She's been wild since the incident . . ." 

"The incident, you are referring to your leg?" You nod "if you feel comfortable to share that story, perhaps we can finger out why?" Melisa seems very keen.