Twenty four

Turns out the next three years that followed the historic first season, the quadruple season, were amazing.

I moved to Barcelona four years ago and not for a moment when i first decided to join this club did i think that i would be signing a new five year deal four years later.

That's right, a five year deal.

I'm in love with this club.

After my first two seasons here i was named as one of the captains which at twenty-three is amazing.

Europe has been painted red and blue for five years now. We're the best team in the world and we prove it every year.

Last season was my best season. At club level i won it all again and on the international stage i won the world cup. Yeah, the Champions League and the world cup in the same season. It's insane.

That year i won the Ballon D'or, something Alexia always said i would win and i did.

If you want to know about my love life then i'll tell you..

It's been four years since i met Mapi and those four years have been the best of my life. Last year Mapi proposed to me after a game we played in Camp Nou and we got married in her home, Zaragoza, a few months later.

Mapi León & Emily León.

It's been four years since i went home, unless it's for a game. It's been four years since i've heard from my 'parents' but that's okay because i don't need them. I've found myself and my people.

London is no longer my home. It's now Barcelona.

I had a hard and tough upbringing but i'd do it all again in a heartbeat if it means getting to where i am today.

In the end, it was worth it, the things i went through. That's because i met the love of my life and my people.

I've never felt as whole as i do now.
I've never felt as loved as i do now.
I've never felt as wanted as i do now.
I've never felt more at home than i do now.
I've never felt as happy as i do now.

I'm Emily León and that is my story..