jeff the peter

Its a YB fan fiction so trigger warning ⚠️

Y/n pov

I was stressed out! I had to take a break at the park before I fell completely into a panic attack. My world was falling apart. My ex cheated on me, I lost my job, my family is garbage to say the least. The only one I could've relied on was TK but they were distant after I rejected there advances.

Maybe I should've just faked like them, then I wouldn't be so alone. That wouldn't be fair to them though and I love them enough to let go. I stare at my feet and the squeez my eyes shut. I try hard not to but I can feel the tears coming.

Right then I felt the shift of the bench I was sitting on. I didn't bother to look up, hoping that it might be an animal or someone who would just leave me alone. Unfortunately I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me look up, tensing my body in fright. "Woah! Woah take it easy there. It's just me."

A stranger smiled at me. I'm not sure why but I was suddenly so happy he hadn't just left me be. "Uh, hi" I said awkwardly. His eyed were deep blue, the colour people write songs about. He was very tall, lanky, kind of awkward but there was something hiding in his eyes. I've seen it a million times, the slight unstable lurking quietly. It doesn't bother me too much, I've got my own unstable mind and I've dealt with many before.

He shifted awkwardly, scooting closer to me. He was sweating lightly and his shoulders looked tense. "So are you waiting for a family member or a friend?" He asked. I smiled softly at the ground. "No." He looked confused and then asked me another question. "Why are you so far from the jogging track." I snicker a little. This is reminding me of the times I've been here before.

Its surprisingly similar as to how I met my ex. I was sitting on a bench down town when he approached me, awkward like this guy. He offered to buy me some lunch and I accepted. I frown suddenly thinking about it. It lead to a absolute shit show though. I lost my best friend, my sanity for awhile. I rub the ghostly feeling of the hospital bracelet around my wrist, no longer there but not at all forgotten.

At this point I had forgotten to answer his question, my mind drifting back to Adam (my ex). "Hey? Are you alright?" The stranger asked. I spooked me and I jumped a bit. He chuckled "jumpy one aren't ya?" I blushed lightly. Maybe I should try and reciprocate the conversation, I'm being awfully rude.

"I'm sorry, I've just had a bit of a rough time lately and my mind loves to wander. It's why I came out here actually, looking for answers? I'm sorry that sounds so stupid." I shake my head lightly looking at my feet. I feel the stranger hesitate in his movements before I felt his hand resting on mine. I didn't bother to shoe him away, I wasn't afraid of forwardness of his actions. Some people are just affectionate, in the grippy sock prison we use to be very physically affectionate towards each other. You know, so long as you didn't have an issue with it.

"That's not stupid at all, I suppose I came for answers to.." He trailed off in thought. "Why? What's up with you?" He looked an awful lot more awkward now, shifting back his body and his hand giving me some space. I slightly frown that he wasn't holding my hand anymore. Wow was I pathetic, so desperate for affection that I'm upset a stranger stopped touching me. "W-well you see.. I know this is sudden, very sudden. But could I have the pleasure and taking you to dinner?" I move towards him looking at him confused. Although a bit creepy, I slide my hand back towards his where my fingers were lightly touching his hand. I figured he did it, why couldn't I?

"Why?" I asked. His face had a bashful smile on it after I lightly grazed his hand. Does this guy have a crush on me? But I just met him.. "Well, I've seen you around the diner. I've been trying to build my courage to ask you out but I always chicken out like a loser." He look absolutely infuriated with himself. A drastic emotional swing, one I'd recognize anywhere. It made my heart skip a beat, he knows how painful those swings are. I don't mind being around "nerotypical people" (people with no mental health issues or disorders) but they never understood me very well.