Keep

"I'm pretty sure we missed our turn" I mention, pointing to the road we should've taken.

"Wait-really?" Hoseok frowns, taking another route.
"That's sad. You don't even know where the cinema is" I fake judge him.

"You're distracting me. You can't expect to make such a bold statement and think you can get away with it" he says, fully focusing on the road this time.

"A bold statement? I'd rather call it a great story to tell" I rub it in his face a little.
"I'm definitely watching Deadpool 2 again. There's no way" he gives a crooked grin.

"You'll see me" I proudly say.

"Do you have his number?" he asks.
"I wish, but sadly I'm just a fan" I dramatically sigh.

"That's no excuse. You're a fan yet you have my number" he smiles.
"Don't get too cocky. Unless that's your roundabout way to tell me to delete your number" I say as I recall which tone he used to decipher what he's trying to say.

"No" he laughs at me.

Then I dramatically gasp, clearly making him panic.

"What? What?" he anxiously asks, eyes going back and forth from the road and me.
"Are you telling me you're not a Blink?" I continue with the same tone.

"I thought you saw a snake in the car!" Hoseok loudly says, unimpressed.

He holds a hand to his chest.

"Jeez-there's no filter with you" he says with disgust.
"I don't think you're using the phrase right" I comment.

"I'm already regretting my entire day with you" he sighs, head cocking out of frustration.
"Too bad. We got this far."

"Can I ask, what do you us usually do in a day? You guys are taking it slow now, right?" I ask.
"We're going to announce a break, but I'm still going to continue to try and stay connected with army. Otherwise, normal things" he says.

"I'm trying to understand you as a person and you're telling me vague stuff such as 'normal things'. Do you have any hobbies? Do you leave a specific time of day to do something? Give me something. Give me a conversation" I say.

"What would you call our previous conversations? Small talk?" Hoseok asks, confused.
"We were gushing over Ryan Reynolds for ten minutes" I deadpan.

"Ten minutes is not enough time" Hoseok quickly says.

"Does it really take ten minutes to get to the cinema?" I ask more myself as I check my phone to check the time.

"You know, I think you were right. I took a wrong turn earlier" Hoseok admits.
"We're on the right track now though, right?" I ask.

"Honestly, I don't know" he sheepishly says.

"But let's see where this road leads us" he optimistically says.
"You're definitely kidnapping right now" I say, unimpressed.

I notice Hoseok's grip on the steering wheel tightens a little.

I'm not going to say anything. I'm the person who's supposed to react.

"It might lead to somewhere fun" Hoseok says again.
"I didn't say I was against it. You're wasting your own petrol" I shrug.

"I'm pretty sure there's an interesting cafe around here somewhere" Hoseok says, eyeing the different streets.

The very empty streets.

Feels odd.

"So you planned this?" I ask, starting to get suspicious, but also excited.

The Hoseok wants to take me somewhere.