Suprised

This chapter is a continuation of the last chapter .✌🏾️

Tears filled the brims of my eyes and I put my hand over my mouth. I picked her swinging her around while she giggled. As I put her down I saw my mother standing at the door smiling.

"Mom why are you guys here? I'm happy but I-"

"Girl hush . How you doing baby ?" She hugged me.

"I-I'm good. Mama what are you guys doing here ?"

"Well I figured that you've been down here for almost three months and you got settled so I brought her down."

"To stay ?" I said with tears filling my eyes once again.

"To stay" she smiled .

I pulled Makayla and my mom into a big hug and I bent down kissing Makayla's face all over.

"Baby mommy is so happy to have you with her here."

"I missed you so much mommy. I'm gonna tell you all about what I did with g-ma but can we get some pizza first ?"

I chuckled a bit "Yes baby we can get some pizza first."

1 hour later

We had sat in the the living room talking and laughing just having a good time. Makayla was just telling us about how my older brother Lamar was being the clown he was. Lamar and I were the only children. I hadn't see him since I first moved down here.

"Oh god. Well I gotta get going to find a hotel. I got to get some rest." my mama said getting up.

"Mama you know that your welcome to stay here with us."

"No baby you and Makayla spend time together "

"Mama please" Me and Kay walked over to her giving our best puppy dog eyes.

She laughed. "Alright I'll stay."

We jumped up and down cheering.

"But it's 9:00. Past your bedtime munchkin." she said with her hands on her hips.

"Aww g-ma 10 more minutes please" she whined a bit.

I lowered to her level.

"Kay no whining now go run the bath water and go wait in the bathroom for me. Okay?"

"Ok mommy."

She ran away to the bathroom. I smiled and got up dusting off my knees. I looked back and saw my mom smiling at me.

"What's got you all smiley?"

"I'm just admiring my wonderful daughter."

"Why thank you mama." I smiled.

"You know I heard from you father just before we came."

My back was turned and my smile faded instantly. I continued wiping down the counter. My mother came behind me and touched my shoulder.

"You have to forgive him one day."

"You expect me to forgive that bastard of a father!" I slammed my hands on the counter.

"Now you listen here-"

"No mama you listen. You just expect me to forgive the man that left us? The man that neglected me? The man that sat there sober while he watched his friends rape me? The man who beat on you for 12 years? You really want me to forgive him mama?! Huh!?" Tears were running down my face.

She really expected me to forgive him after all the horrible things he do to this family. I had no love for him. If he dropped dead I wouldn't even care. I know that sounds harsh but if you only knew all of my past you would feel the same way.

I dried my face and looked my mother in her almost identical eyes

"I-I'm sorry for blowing up. Its just that you expect me to run in his arms the second I see him. He really hurt me." I said fiddling with my fingers.

She grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"It's okay baby."

I nodded my head and kissed her cheek and went into the bathroom to find Kay sitting in the tub pouring bubbles into the water.

"Ok that's enough bubbles Kay"

After she finished her bath she got into bed and I tucked her in. I kissed her forehead and turned off the light.

"Love you mommy."

"To the moon and back." I smiled and left the door open a little
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Next chapter is about her past
T