The Dreaming Idol

Barbara tapped her pen against the desk. She tried to think of lyrics for her latest song, the concert was in a week.

"What kind of idol am I," she groaned.

She pushed her papers aside and noticed the scrap of paper Fishcl gave her the other day. She looked at the address and noticed it was a few streets down.

"It wouldn't hurt to take a break and visit."

Barbara knocked on the door and fidgeted with her skirt.

"Who requests to see Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort?" A familiar voice from inside called out.

"Sorry Fischl, it's just Barbara, I was wondering if you were free today?" Barbara replied.

Crashing is heard from inside and the girl answers the door, "Apologies m'lady, Oz was giving me trouble. Let's walk shall we?"

The two girls began to walk while Barbara guided Fishcl over to Good Hunter. The place was barely crowded, so she hoped she wouldn't be spotted by fans. The line in front of Sara was short.

"Food is on me, m'lady." Fischl pulled out a small pouch containing her mora.

"Might I suggest the cream stew, It's taste is delightful!" Barbara suggested.

It was their turn in line, "Two cream stews, sparkling tea and the finest tea available."

Sara handed them their food and drinks, and they took a seat close to the stairs.

Fischl took a sip of the stew, "Right as always Lady Barbara."

"Thank you!"

The rest of their lunch was full of silence until Barbara spoke up, "So, Fishcl, I know I just met you but, I've been having trouble coming up with lyrics for my newest song and you seem really smart and creative. So-"

"Lady Barbara had requested my help? It is truly an honor, I know some people who could help us."