|Twenty|

Emilia drove the car down the street on her way home with Maxine in the other seat. Abby was coming home with us cause her parents have been fighting a lot recently, and Ginny had just jumped into the car without asking any of them.
Max took Emilia's hand into her own. Emilia interlocked her fingers with Max's. Suddenly Ginny reaches forward from the backseat, reaching to the screen to change the music. Doing so, she interrupted Maxine and Emilia's interlocked hands, making them loose grip of the other's hand.

_____________________

When they got to the house Abby went straight to the shower in the bathroom, Ginny went to her place across the street and Emilia went into her room. She had said to Maxine that she had "a few touch ups on a canvas she has been working on". But actually she had been hiding her buzzing phone, filled with missed calls and unread text messages from her mom and dad back in California.
So when she got behind the door she picked up when they called,
"Hi" said Emilia sternly sounding a bit annoyed.
"Hi sweetheart, I'm so glad you finally picked up. Why didn't you pick up when I called you before?" Her mom says rambling into Emilia's ear.
"I was busy" she says short and coldly to her mother. Emilia has been mad and disappointed in her parents ever since they found out Emilia liked girls. Even though she knew they would not understand, she was still hoping that they would take it easily. But they didn't, they sent her away instead. Away to a town called Wellsbury. When Emilia found put they were sending her away she almost couldn't believe it, she couldn't recognize the two people in front of her that were her parents. She never thought they would actually send her away, away from her home, from her friends, not like she had any, but the group that she pretended to like.
"Well me and dad has been thinking, and we miss you very dearly, we want you to come back home" Emilia couldn't believe her ears, what her mother was saying. How could they send her away in hopes that she would "lose her gayness" and then just take her right back home.
Emilia stayed silent for a few seconds, she sighed and opened her mouth,
"So you want me to come home? Just like that?" She said scrunching her eyebrows together, trying to understand what her mother is telling her.
"Yes hunny. Me and your father has discussed what happened. We forgive you"
"What the fuck, mom?" Emilia now yells into her phone, as tears filled her eyes but not falling yet.
"You? Forgive me? I did nothing wrong" she yells again, and now the first tear slips down her cheek.
Emilia's takes a shaking breath,
"If you think that I would want to come back to you and dad and live like crap, I think it's time for you to get to know your daughter" Emilia pushes the red button on her screen before hearing a single word from her mother.
She brushed away a tear with the back of her hand and tried to steady her breathing, until someone pulled the door knob and door turned open.

Abby shoots out her head in the crack to look at Emilia who has her back against her.
"Hey, you okay?" Abby interrupts The silence. Emilia turns around in her now sitting position on the bed to look at Abby, she dries another tear.
"Hey" Emilia answers with a light smile trying to cover her real sadness.
"You don't have to fake being okay, you know" Abby says having an understanding of how parents can be. She takes a few steps towards Emilia's spot on her bed. Abby slowly sat down on the bed beside her.
"What happened?" She asks,
Emilia sighed lightly but still answered,
"It's my parents" Emilia says with a sniff from her nose.
"Did something happen' to them?" Abby asks quickly showing her concern, but Emilia shakes her head.
"They want me to come back to California, soon" When Abby looks at Emilia's face, she could see it in her eyes, see how much she did not want to leave Wellsbury. She knew it actually wasn't the place Emilia didn't want to leave, it was Maxine who made her want to stay , and Abby didn't blame her.
Abby got to Emilia and hugged her lightly,
"I'm sorry. I know you want to stay, everything is going to be alright, okay?" Abby tries to think of something to say, but all she got out in the moment was,
"I think you're great Emilia, and it wasn't okay for your parents to send you away from your home like that, it's their loss. If your gut feeling is telling you to stay, then I really think you should stay. But if you feel like you need to go back home then probably you should. But if you decide to leave just know that you're always welcome home" Abby suddenly feel a tear slip down her cheek. She was first confused because she hadn't realized she was getting emotional.
Emilia looked in Abby's eyes sniffling once, she bit her bottom lip and slowly nodded as thanks.
"I should talk to Max" she says and inhales heavily and exhales as to calm her self down and maybe slow down her heartbeat.
"Yeah, I will leave you to it" Abby says standing up on her legs and smiles at Emilia. She turns her back to Emilia and reaches for the door,
"Hey, Abby? Thank you. I mean it" Emilia only smiles at her, and Abby returns it,
"Of course. What are friends for?"
Abby leaves through the door as Emilia was left alone in the room with her thoughts. Just this time she knew exactly what she wanted. Maxine.

Emilia walked down the stairs, met by Maxine who stood in the kitchen on her phone.
"Hey" Emilia said entering the kitchen.
"Hey Em" Maxine responded with a smile. Emilia returned the smile and walked up to her before saying what's on her mind,
"I think we should talk"

 Emilia returned the smile and walked up to her before saying what's on her mind,"I think we should talk"

A/n
I'm so so sorry to have made you all wait for the new chapter!