TWENTY THREE , raising the bar

"YOU KNOW, YOU COULD have just told Miguel that Hawk and the other Cobras stole the money, right? Like any normal person? It seems a bit counterproductive to jump him," Demetri told Dylan as they walked down to the lunch room

       "YOU KNOW, YOU COULD have just told Miguel that Hawk and the other Cobras stole the money, right? Like any normal person? It seems a bit counterproductive to jump him," Demetri told Dylan as they walked down to the lunch room. He wasn't even all that fazed anymore with her antics.

"Sure, but I really wanted an excuse to do what I did, Metri," Dylan claimed. "Besides," She turned serious, "I didn't want to break it to him that his friend is a total asshole yet. Diaz has enough on his plate without our problems," She told him sadly. Demetri stopped her.

"Hey, you know it's okay to let people know how you're feeling right?" He questioned her in concern. "I know you've been strong for a while, but you really don't have to keep your burdens to yourself. Miguel's gonna find out at some point anyways, and don't you think he'd want to know that one of his best friends has been violently and verbally harassing one of his other best friends?" He asked softly. Dylan looked away from him, vulnerability taking place on her face. "I'm not your only friend. Miguel's your friend too, and I think he'd beat himself up if he wasn't aware of what's going on," He said seriously.

"I'll tell him later, okay? Is that what you wanna hear from me?" She tried to convince him.

"Yeah, that's exactly what i wanted to hear," He finished. Demetri wasn't letting that go, and she could tell. "I'm gonna make sure you follow through."

"I'm sure you will," She grumbled, though she was glad that someone was there for her, checking in on her.

"Hey! You ready to rock . . . " Demetri walked over with Dylan by his side to the lunch table that had Yasmine and Moon sitting down eating lunch at it. He was carrying his science project and Dylan had to admit, it looked great. "Our earth science presentation?" Yasmine glared at him and Dylan was ready to come to his defense at any moment.

"I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk on a regular basis," She told him with a fake smile. He rolled his eyes.

"Watch it," Dylan warned. Yasmine stared at her bruised knuckles on display from the night before. Demetri had been furious when she called him that morning telling him about it. He'd been sent into a fit of worry, though she'd assured him everything was fine.

"Hey, hey, hey! My popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining. But, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle, like a sexual Venn diagram," He said with a cheeky wink in the blonde's direction. Dylan rested her face in her hands in embarrassment. Demetri clicked his tongue as he made a circular motion with both hands. Moon chuckled and Yasmine looked over at her in annoyance.

"Ew."

"So what's under the sheet," Moon asked. "Did you help with it, Dylan?"

"Yup, all while watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at 2am on a Tuesday morning. Rough night but it was worth it," She told Moon.