TWENTY SEVEN , the mystery of the signed cast

"ALI, YOU'RE RIGHT

       "ALI, YOU'RE RIGHT. It's crazy how things change. For a long time, I didn't have much direction in my life. But then, things got better. I met a kid who needed some help. Then I met another kid, who pretends she doesn't need help. Bit of a firecracker. Seem familiar?

"So I got back into karate, and became a sensei. There were ups and downs. I even gave up for a while. But I can't give up anymore. I have a long way to go to be a better man, a better father, a better teacher. But I can make a difference in these kids' lives. It's a tough world out there, and I can help them be ready for it. That's what I've been up to. That's who I am. I'm a sensei."

Johnny deleted it.

Dylan knew because he deleted it after he'd read it over and over to himself while she sat on his couch with a cup of tea ( She had the tea bag in her pocket. Johnny thought tea was for the weak ). Normally, she would have gone to Miguel. But the risk of seeing Carmen and having to explain why she was so upset wasn't worth the trouble. Carmen was already so happy because her son had made such amazing progress. Johnny had helped him stand, and he could walk around now. While that didn't mean he was Jackie Chan all of the sudden, it was progress.

"Why did you delete that? That sounded nice. Girls like when guys are vulnerable. You need to quit with your male podcast mindset, man," She commented in between sniffles. Johnny had instead sent a quick message to Ali Mills Schwarber that he seemed to be proud of.

'Not much, u?'

She cringed. Johnny glared at her.

"You've never been in a relationship. You can't be giving me advice on this. I had like five girlfriends by the time I was fifteen," He piped up proudly while he closed his laptop.

"Because you were one of those guys . . . "

"I'm going to ignore your insinuations because I still would like to say that everything that has ever happened to me is Daniel LaRusso's fault," He tried to say.

It was entertaining, to say the least, when it wasn't something that directly involved her and her friends own problems to see Johnny so worked up over an old rival. Of course, it wasn't that funny when it led to the ongoing feud that rolled over until a new generation of gen z losers who were just trying to figure out their own teenage lives.

But still, Johnny's hatred for Daniel LaRusso evoked a few laughs from Dylan Oakes.

"Trip over a crack in the sidewalk? Damn you LaRusso! Not enough toilet paper? Guess LaRusso really got you good," She joked dryly. "That's what you sound like right now."

"Why did you come here if you're just going to make fun?" He questioned her defeatedly.

"It just brings me so much joy to ruin the lives of middle aged men. My favorite past time." She pulled a blanket tighter around her frame. There was silence between Johnny and Dylan. She looked at him carefully. There was something that pressed on her, and though it may not have been the smartest or kindest topic to bring up, she did anyway. "Do you regret having a kid?"