FIFTEEN , drawing blood

AT APPROXIMATELY 6:30 AM, Dylan's alarm clock went off

AT APPROXIMATELY 6:30 AM, Dylan's alarm clock went off. The sun had not yet fully bloomed, though the vaguely fluorescent light from it rising allowed her to see outside. The sky was going to be blue today — at least that's what she predicted, and hoped for.

Her eyes were still crusted over from the deep sleep and the tears that had fallen the night before.

Dylan Oakes didn't expect today to be a particularly good day.

The Spider-Man emblem on her phone stared back at her while she glanced at the texts she'd gotten at some point during the time she'd ditched the party and even twenty minutes ago, when Aisha asked her if she'd heard about the police showing up last night.

She quickly sent a text asking if they were all okay, which Aisha responded assuring her that everyone was fine, just a close call. She couldn't even set her phone down after that, when Miguel called her.

Moon had texted, with a feel better soon gif around 3 am. She smiled when she saw it, sending a reply back saying that she was feeling a lot better and she'd be at school today so they could have lunch together if Moon didn't have anywhere else to sit.

She rubbed her eyes, and answered.

"Dude! What happened last night? You just disappeared!" Miguel's voice came through, crackling through. She could tell he sounded like he'd had a rough night.

"Have you been drinking? You sound like you're hungover," She said quietly. She put him on speaker as she flipped through the clothes in her closet. She grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of Levi's shorts, calling it good enough. "The police came?"

"Yeah . . . " His voice trailed off. "That happened too. Right after something big that happened to me. Do you have time right now for me to explain something that happened after you left, or no?" He questioned her nervously.

"Honestly, now's not that great of a time. I still have to get ready for school 'cause I woke up late," She rolled her eyes, like neither of them should be surprised about it. "And I have to look for my sunscreen. I lost it in one of the bins in my bathroom and now I have to go digging around for it," She grumbled, shoving on her shorts and a pair of ankle socks.

Miguel frowned on the other line. He was anxious to tell her about what had happened with Sam by the pool. He certainly wasn't going to tell his mom or his yaya, and Johnny wouldn't have great advice either. There was no way Tory could find out about it, but maybe Dylan could help. That was his logic, at least.

"You're sure you're feeling okay?" He changed the subject.

"Yeah. Just not a great night, you know?" Her voice was muffled from standing across the room. "Listen, I'll see you in class maybe?"

"Yeah. I think we have first period together anyways. Hawk's there too, so just let me know if you wanna sit on the other side, away from him," He said. "It's no bother. I'll tell you what happened last night before we start class."