Pumpkin Picking

__________________(I'm gonna try first-person POV)

__________________
(I'm gonna try first-person POV)

I didn't know what happened last night. My brain was still fuzzy as I tried to recollect my memories. It was useless. The only remaining fragments from yesterday were falling asleep during Blondie's speech of love and ̶w̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ dreaming about kissing him.

I could feel my cheeks burn at the thought and I turned to my front to hit the pillows in embarrassment. Can you believe it?! Me, dreaming of him?! How stupid!

It couldn't have been real.

If it was real, we would've been back home. Or maybe it was real, but perhaps it wasn't true love.

I groaned, earning a painful headache in the back of my head from the constant thinking.

It's too early to be stressed out.

My body felt too weak to move, but the rumbling sound of my stomach had encouraged me to move, or at least call for assistance.

Huddling over the side of the bed, I forced my arm to reach into the side table drawers, pulling out a single gold bell, a red ribbon tied tightly in a small bow.

With a small shake, the bell jingled and a flock of fairies came swooping in as if in the queue. One fairy with a bobcat begins to tink, a sound similar to the bell and I only shrugged.

"I'd appreciate breakfast, perhaps soup would be best," I said to the fairy, and she nodded in response before scurrying the rest of the fairies out.

__________________

The professors prohibited me from attending class, saying the lines upon, "We can't take the risk of infecting other students."

Which was fine, especially on their ends. This time of the school year was going to be difficult; finals, the Trial by Tale, Snow Ball, and the Circus of Talents were a big deal.

So in the past few hours of the day, I spent my time catching up on homework and learning new spells to help me when the Trial by Tale came. Agatha said that only a few top-ranked students would be allowed to attend, and despite the dangers of being in the woods half of the day, I needed the benefits.

There may or may not have been a goal to boost my ego. . . but it's not that bad! I just wanted to win the role of school Captain.

With my competitive nature (and bossy attitude), I felt like it was essential. Besides, what's better than to teach the other students about Girl Power?!

Focusing on my emotions, I shut my eyes tightly and I point my index finger in front of me. I thought about the Gavaldon kids bullying Agatha. Then the boys who called themselves princes did the same thing to her. A flash of light flickered and I could see the bright shine even with my eyes shut, so I opened my eyes, reliving the moment of my sky blue finger glow. Oddly enough, the shade of blue was familiar. It was pretty, it reminded me of the sky in Gavaldon.