Hope in the Toilet

Y/N's POV -

     "Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! By order of the School Master of the School for Good Enlightenment and Enchantment and the School for Evil Edifi-"

     "Just get on with it!" Professor Anemone yawped.

     Pollux glumly explained that the Circus was a talent competition between Good and Evil, where top 10 Evers and Nevers would each take the stage to present their talents. At the end of the contest, the winner would receive the Circus Crown and the Theater of Takes would magically move to his school.

     "Of course, the Theater hasn't moved in ages," Pollux sniffed. "Firmly entrenched by now."

     "But who's to judge?"

     "The School Master. Though you won't see him, of course," Pollux huffed. "Now as to attire, I suggest you wear clothes of humble, demure col-"

     Professor Anemone kicked his head out the door. "Enough! Proposals coming tomorrow and the only thing you should be thinking about is your prince's face!"

     The words began sounding muffled, and Y/N peered head down at the leather boots she had worn since the day she entered. Her eyes fluttered closed, sleep slipping in, and she could still see the milky white form as the face before it diminished to nothing.

     Recently, Agatha had become more influenced by the power of Good; reading fairytales and excitedly scurrying to class. Y/N wondered if Agatha had still planned to go back home just as before, but her mouth always went dry when she attempted to speak the words as if doubting herself.

     She sidled between the gold-lighted Agatha and Kiko, shoulders touching.

     "What's wrong-"

     She stopped short. The angel-painted V on the wall was now defaced and with violent streaks of red-

𝓣𝓞𝓝𝓘𝓖𝓗𝓣

     "Blood?"

     "Sophie's going to attack again," a voice replied through gritted teeth.

     She turned to face the prince, his arms glistening with sweat in his blue sleeveless shirt. "I thought the attacks were over. Is it not?"

     "I'll catch her this time," he said, glaring at the wall beside her. "She's poison, that girl."

     "My Sophie isn't a bad person. She's doing this because you made an empty promise."

     "It's not a promise if it's made under false pretenses. She used me to win the Trial and she used her friends as well."

     "Promises can only be made if they are committed to it. It doesn't matter about the pretentious events," Y/N barked back. "You don't know the real Sophie. She's scared and she needs someone to help her."

     "Blimey, you must be a better soul than me, because I don't know what you see in her. All I see is a manipulative witch."

     "She's not a witch!"

     "You say that about everyone,"  the prince replied. "It's going to bring you down in the future of Good."

     "I'm not saying this for the better of Good. I'm saying this because it's the truth."

     "And there isn't any proof to support the truth you hold. Look around you," his voice pleaded. "Please don't tell me that this is what being Good is."

     She bit the inside of her cheek.

     "No," she said after a minute of silence.

     Blondie nodded, holding her shoulders as he lowered his head.  "I know you mean well, truly. But you're only hurting yourself by being with her. She's not who you think she is."