86'd

You managed to get Hachi to agree to come out to the bar with me after admitting multiple times that you were an asshole and wanted to make it up to her.

You sat at your usual seat at the bar and Hachi took the seat to your left. You looked around the bar until a pair of scarlet wings and blond locks caught your eye. He was doing tricks for the 20-year-old college kids and wild drunkards. Typical, you thought. You took off your sweater and place it over your lap as he made his way toward you, cleaning a cup with a white rag.

"What can I start you two off with?" He asked.

Hachi looked over to me as if she was asking what she was allowed to get. You answered for her. "Two shots of Casamigos." Hachi looked surprised over your choice of tequila.

He did not hesitate to bring up two shot glasses and poured the tequila just below the rim without spilling like a pro. He pushed the glasses toward us while making a sly smile toward me. Hachi just stared at the glass and traced the rim with her finger; so, I picked up my glass and spun toward her. I placed my hand on her shoulder to grab her attention and said, "Cheers?" as I held my glass up in the air.

A slight smile grew on Hachi's face and, finally, she broke her silence. "Cheers." She held up her glass and clinked it against mine. You both downed your shots and placed them back on the bar. You notice Hachi's face scrunch up and start giggling. She looks at you and you start giggling as well.

"Round two?" You offered.

"Let's do it."

"Keigo!" You called. "Let us get another round!"

About an hour has passed. You and Hachi were already a few shots and a couple beers down. Hachi was smiling and laughing - being her usual self. For the first time in a long time you could actually say you were having fun with her. You were gossiping, telling stories, enjoying her company.

"Wait, so this drunkard was hitting on you as soon as Keigo left!?" Hachi exclaimed.

"Yes! He was all up on me. Touching me. Oh my gosh, Hachi, you would've flipped if you were there."

"Hell yeah I would've! Nobody touches my bestie like that." She huffed and took a sip of her beer. "Shit, he wouldn't be seeing tomorrow. At least Keigo got you out of that. Was he really that intimidating?"

"Hachi you have no idea. When I tell you he was fired up..." You may have exaggerated just a little bit."

"Damn. Well, at least you have someone to protect you. I'm happy for you, you know. Even though I tend to tease you a lot. I'm just happy you found someone that treats you right and can make you feel safe. That's all I ever wanted for you."

"Why?" You asked.

"You've always been so distant from not just me, but everyone. You're independent, but you always seemed so lonely. I know I can be pushy with our friendship. I just wanted you to know there'd always be someone there for you." She looked over at Keigo who was serving some small friend group at the other end of the bar. "Looks like you found someone on your own. I'm proud of you."

"Ew when did you start sounding like our dads." You both burst out laughing. "I guess I got lucky." You watched Keigo with endearing eyes.

"You know what, let's forget about all that. Come on," Hachi stood from her seat. "My favorite song is on, let's go dance!" She pulled you by the arm, dragging you toward the dance floor. Immediately, she started dancing like no one was watching her; except, everyone was watching her. Seeing her try to dance was embarrassing, knowing you were the one that brought her was worse. She clearly didn't care. She was having fun and wouldn't let anyone ruin that. So, you slowly started moving with her. The music slowly started coursing through your veins. Soon, your body was on auto pilot. You were mindlessly dancing, having fun. You felt free; almost like that night with Keigo. It felt amazing.

That was until a familiar face hit the dance floor. You recognized the beer gut and unkempt beard. The stench of beer and cigarettes burned your nose as he walk by you. It was him. The guy Keigo had scared off that night. What was he doing back here? You turned to see what the man was up to, then noticed who was his prey; it was Hachi.

"Hey there pretty girl." You heard him say.

Fuck, you thought. How did I manage to get so far away from Hachi?

"Um... I think you have the wrong person." Hachi managed to speak.

What am I doing? Why am I just standing here? Am I still scared from before?

"I'm just looking for a little fun is all." The man chuckled. It sounded so sinister, so evil.

He put a hand on Hachi's shoulder, gripping it tight. Your legs began to move without you realizing it. "Hey," Without a second thought, you squeezed yourself between him and Hachi, pushing him back. "86'd dude."

"Excuse me?" He growled.

"You heard me. She's off the menu." You grabbed her wrist and started stepping back, trying to not make any sudden movements until he walks away.

"Ah, I remember you. You were here with that overgrown chicken of a boyfriend that one night."

"And do you happen to remember what 'that overgrown chicken of a boyfriend' told you that night?" A voice growled. Suddenly, a large span of red feathers puffed up behind the man and a strong hand appeared on his shoulder. "Or do you need a reminder?"