Drinks On Me

~Keigo~

It was a slow afternoon, as usual. I spent the first few hours of my shift cleaning and mentally preparing myself for whatever the coming night has in store for me. Group of college students? The usual drunkards? The newly engaged couple or bachelor party? The single folks that just broke up with their partners and decided to drown their sorrows in alcohol?

It was usually a mixture of everything. Plus the group of girls that hang around the bar constantly asking for my number in which I always hit them with the "I'm off the market, I already have someone that has stolen my heart" spiel.

I never understood why people, who are prompted with those questions, apologize for being taken. The phrase, "Sorry, I have a partner," never made sense to me. Why are you sorry? Are you ashamed? Even a simple "no" without an explanation would suffice when rejecting someone.

(Y/N). Last night keeps replaying in my head. I've never seen them in that kind of state when talking about anything from their past. I've never had to comfort someone through a panic attack before, but comforting them came naturally.

They were still asleep by the time I was up this morning. Last night must've really done a number on them. I made them some breakfast and left them a note right before I had gone home to get ready for work.

Good morning, Dove

I left your breakfast in the microwave for whenever you wake up.

Don't feel like you have to explain anything more to me.

I'm always going to be here for you through anything and everything.

Eat up, I'll see you when I'm out of work.

I love you,

Keigo

I looked at the clock that read 2:45 PM. They should be at work right now. My lunch break is in--

"Takami!" A voice boomed across the bar. "I don't pay you to daydream. Go take a 15."

"Yes, sir." I folded the rag in my hand and left it on the counter before heading to the back room.

I sat at the breakroom table slumped in my chair with my phone in my hand waiting for something, anything from (Y/N) indicating they're okay. I hope they're okay.

"Hey, what's got you down in the dumps?" Aa familiar voice walked in. "Trouble in paradise?"

"What do you want, Robin?" I groaned

"You look upset." Robin sat at the end of the table from me with a concerned look on her face. "I usually like seeing you like this after a customer, but this time it's just unsettling. What's going on?"

Her makeup looked slightly heavier than usual and she wore long sleeves. Not that it's out of the norm, but she usually wore short sleeves with fishnets down her arm. Her leggings weren't actually transparent, like the fleece lined ones that get advertised for the winter too make them look transparent. The biggest oddity: she was nicer than usual. The normal Robin would take this opportunity to make fun of me for sulking like a baby.

Suddenly I start thinking about (Y/N) again, and Touya.

"Robin, how are you and your boyfriend?" I asked.

Her eyebrows knitted together and she pulled her lips into a straight line as if I had offended her by asking that question. Something about her was off. What happened to that snarky egotistical witch that always showed way too much skin that just barely passes dress code, who always tried to make my life miserable every day I clock into work?