Chapter 2: Letter From Hogwarts

As he laid there he heard the all too familiar screech of Petunia's voice ordering him to get up and cook breakfast. He dressed without complaint and made his way to the kitchen where he proceeded to make his relatives breakfast, his memories of his past life helping him not make the same mistakes again. When the post finally arrived he got it without complaint and was pleased to find his Hogwarts letter amongst the ordinary mail. Making his way back to the kitchen he slipped it under his cupboard door, as he should have done last time, so that he could open it in private. He gave the rest of the mail to Vernon before sitting down to eat his meager breakfast. When Vernon finally left for work Dudley left for his friend's place and Petunia began to scrub her already immaculate kitchen as Harry slipped into his cupboard. The letter was the same as his past life, only this time there would be no Hagrid to guide the way. Grabbing his rucksack he packed his meager belongings and his letter before creeping from the cupboard and opening his aunt's purse from which he took a fifty pound note, stuffed it in his pocket and used the notepad on the side table.

Dursleys,

I got my Hogwarts letter today. I know that I'm a wizard and that my parents didn't die in a car crash, I guess I always kind of did. I'm leaving for the rest of the summer and hopefully I won't return though I know that Dumbledore will try to force me to come back.

Thank you for taking care of me as best as you could these past ten years, even if I would have rather died on more than one occasion.

Dudley, I know that you're a good person, don't follow your fathers footsteps and become a cruel selfish arrogant man, I know you can do better. I know you'll be great at smeltings just don't be like your father and crumble to expectation.

Petunia, I'm sorry for burdening you. I know you never asked to take care of me and I'm grateful for what you did. I promise someday I'll pay you back the fifty pound note I took to make my way to London and buy school supplies.

Vernon, you are the scum of the earth, one day I can promise you I'll make you pay for all you put me through, especially when it wasn't even my fault. You'll regret ever even meeting me.

See you round Dursleys.

Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived

He ripped the letter off of the notepad before writing another.

Professor McGonagall,

I would be delighted to attend hogwarts. I look forward to meeting you on September first. Please send me my train ticket so that I can come.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived