xi. revelations

revelations | the upside down

⌝⌑⌜

( i couldn't leave him there like they left tyler. i couldn't let him rot out there, jonny, i couldn't )

⌝⌑⌜

tw : mention of brutal child death, gore

⌝⌑⌜

"JORDAN!"

One. Two. Three.

"Jordan, put me down!"

One. Two. Three.

"Here you go, ma'am."

One. Two. Three.

"JORDAN, HELP ME!"

One. Two-

"Jordan!"

The world was distorted around him, a dark blur of night and the cloud of yellow in front of his face as he cracked his eyes open and groaned softly, a cry of pain building in his throat as sense returned to him.

"M... Mom? Ma?"

He lifted his head, or tried to, and the world went white and his ear was on fire and there was some sort of machine screaming right into it and he couldn't breathe and then he could and it grew dimmer and someone was still calling him, even though he had left his cruel dream behind.

"-an. Jordan. Look at me, sweetie."

"Ma?" Jordan whimpered, forcing his eyes open again and finding a new view this time, the view of a young boy with dark hair plastered to his face, lying still on the ground with a machine covering his face.

So very still.

"Ty?" He croaked, grasping frantically for the blue corpse next to him, "No, no, no - no, Ty - Ty, wake up, wake up, wake up-"

"Jordan? Jordan, what are you talking about, baby? Listen, you need to rest - you just rest, we're gonna fix you right up, okay, sweetheart?"

"Ty." He insisted tiredly, throat full but mouth unbearably dry. His groping hand snagged a piece of fabric, the arm of a nylon vest. He blinked, harsh, and the world cleared slightly so he did it again, and saw it was one of those life preserver jackets, all colourful and nothing like the battered fleece coat Tyler got forced into on the way to school on cold mornings.