24.

They lay quietly in each others arms for quite some time until Derek asked "Are you hungry now?"

"Only for more of you." Meredith replied. "It seems that you've awakened a new appetite in me."

"Well I'm not going anywhere." Derek replied. "But I think that you should take it slowly. This is all new and your body may object. Are you sure that it didn't hurt too much?"

"It hurt a little." She replied honestly. "But the pleasure that came after it more than made up for it." She explained. "And guess what?"

"What?" he asked picking up on her good mood?

"It fits." She laughed.

"Thank goodness for that." He replied laughing with her. "I told you that it would be the right size." He assured her. "I think that we were made for one another."

"I think so too." She agreed kissing him sweetly.

"But this weekend is all about you." Derek assured her. "So you need to decide what would you like to do now?"

"What are my choices?" Meredith asked.

"Well ... I thought that maybe you'd like a relaxing bath. Kathleen picked out some aromatherapy bath oils that she assured me would relax you."

"Did Kathleen know what I would be relaxing after?" Meredith asked.

Derek shook his head. "No. I think that she probably suspects that we might be sleeping together by the end of the weekend. I'm sure that she figured out just how much you mean to me. But she has no idea that you are ... oops sorry ... were ... a virgin."

Meredith smiled. The fact that he'd kept her virginal state a secret meant a lot to her after the horrors of Alex. "It is past tense, isn't it?" she admitted, smiling.

Derek nodded. "Afraid so. You can't get it back."

"I don't want it back." She assured him. "But Kathleen did know that I was a virgin." She corrected him.

Derek frowned "How would she know something like that? Surely she didn't ask you?" he felt mortified that Kathleen may have grilled Meredith about her past.

"No. It just sort of slipped out when we were talking." Meredith explained.

Derek shook his head. "I can't believe the intimate details that you two seem to have covered and yet you were virtual strangers. What should I expect when you actually get to know one another?"

Meredith laughed. "I think that it will be great to have someone that I can talk to about virtually anything. My mother has never been that sort of person, and I don't know my half-sisters at all."

"You can talk to me." Derek pointed out.

"Yes. I can. But it's still nice to be able to get another woman's perspective sometimes and Izzie's ideas can be a little 'out there'." Meredith explained.

"Why does that not surprise me?" he laughed. "However I will always be in her debt. She did send me to help you with your 'problem'."

"It's not a problem any more." Meredith laughed. "So are you going to share this bath with me?" she asked.

"I'm not sure how relaxing it would be if I was in there with you?" Derek admitted.

"Why don't we give it a try and find out." Meredith suggested as she moved to stand up and as she did so she realized that there was a spot of red on the soft blanket that they had been lying on. She was instantly embarrassed. "I'm so sorry."

Derek looked at her lovingly. "Don't be." He said as he shook his head and picked up the blanket. "It can be washed and no one but us need ever know."

Meredith held him to her, burying her head in his chest. He was everything that she'd ever dreamed of.