Episode 02

It did not take long for Elijah to make his presence known. He did everything he could to get there on time since his hybrid brother had invited their long lost sister for brunch.

He was already dealing with Rebekah's not real body acting up since her real one gave her enough problems. Hayley and Jackson were another story.

They were seated in the dining area with brunch laid up on the tables enough for 20, yet they were only three of them.

He listened to everything his older sister was advising them about Dahlia. From their mother Esther giving her up, how them turning to vampires inconvenience her power chasing dreams, how Freya's refusal of birthing a child infuriated her to binding them to once-in-a-century curse, were they remain in a magical coma for the whole century. Explaining her immortality.

Neither was shocked since they know how bonkers witches tend to be.

~~~

Upstairs

Klaus had sent them out to have a moment with Freya, but Hayley refused and stayed behind with Hope while Jackson went about his ways.

She knew that everyone there could take Freya if she tried anything, also reminded them that they had no idea where Mikael is, meaning that he could find Hope and probably harm them and by them, she meant Hope like he tried to do when he was just ghost on the other side.

With that, they stayed in her room.

She was laying on her bed as she listened to Hope walk around the room not knowing what she was looking for, then realised that she was actually standing in the hallway since the door remained open for whatever reason.

She slowly lifted her head as she balanced herself with her elbows. "Sweety, come here," she called out, but the toddler paid her no mind as she took a left. Which was understandable given her age.

Hayley stood up as she showed signs of exhaustion, something that was clearly in her head since she was a hybrid.

"Dad is downstairs with guests, baby," she said as she approached her, knowing fully well that she didn't understand a single word.

It was clear that Hope wanted her father since she was making her way to his room, or so she thought as she watched Hope still at the door leading to a room that was next to her father's.

She did not think much of it as she approached Hope who started making her way towards the door.

"Wrong door, honey." She chuckled as she watched her holding on to it with her tiny palms, almost as if she was trying to open it.

After reaching her, trying to take her hand to lead her to her father's room, it was when she realized that Hope was actually trying to push the door open, unconsciously.

There was a faint heartbeat, along with heavy breathing that kept from the other room.

She knew exactly what she was hearing all thanks to her heightened senses, but she slowly leaned in and place her ear on the wooden door, no longer paying attention to her daughter who was still holding on.

Knowing the life they were leaving, she became quite hesitant after picking Hope up and took a few steps back. There were two heartbeats inside and only one was faint, but only one person breathing.

She had no idea what Klaus was planning, whether one of his side pierces were in that bed chamber, but she couldn't take that chance finding out with Hope in arms.