Episode 06

Matt had invited Molly for breakfast. The poor girl thought it was a date, but only because Matt tried hard to make it seem so. Tyler was the one who got her numbers from one the guys they played football with at Mystic Falls High School.

It was very annoying for both blondes since his phone was ringing nonstop.

"Your girlfriend is checking up on you," Molly said before awkwardly sipping her orange juice.

Matt frowned, she was her ex, something that will never be rekindled. "Just a nuisance that won't take no for an answer." She gave him a grin. "So, how have you been lately? I've only last seen you on our graduation." He lied. He had never paid attention to her till last night.

"Matty," she blushed, "it's not my fault that you decided to pay your sights on me now, but I do understand." He knitted his eyebrows as he stared at her warm hazel eyes. "I mean, everyone knows that you were dealing with a lot. Both your parents leaving, your sister's passing."

As much as he felt uncomfortable, he used her sympathy to his advantage. "Yeah, now Caroline is acting up and Bonnie has vanished."

She reached out her hand to cup his as her face softened more. "Have you tried calling Bonnie?"

He nodded. "I did call her last night after you guys left," he lied. "Said something about coming back after Summer."

Molly scoffed. "Meaning after giving birth." Matt gave her a blank stare before her face soften again. "Sorry, I know that she's your friend. We are all worried, you know, about both of them."

Yeah right, he thought.

"Matt," he glance up to find Elena standing next to him. "I've been trying to call you." The man just stared at her, raising his eyebrow.

"Oh," Molly muttered, "she was the one calling you? Exes are weird."

Elena was taken aback, then glanced at the table, finding her hand on his. "Oh, you're on a date." She nodded to herself, then banded a little to whisper in his ear, "why are you talking about Bonnie with her?"

He scooted of her to please Molly, which worked since she pretended to hide a smirk. "Elena, not know."

He sighed in relief after she nodded, then walked over the bar.

She tried to get Tyler's attention but appeared to be too busy with making a cappuccino, then watched him give it to the customer by the bar.

It was a Sunday morning, meaning that The Grill was very quite since many were at home, hangover. And yet, the worst bartender seemed to be aiming for the employee of the month star.

She failed to take a hit and that did not surprise him.

"Hey, Tyler." She called out to him from the other side. As he placed his cleaning cloth, she did not notice the irritation on his face as he moved over to her.

"Damon is not here," he said after reaching her.

"I'm not looking for Damon, he's by the boarding house."

It was surprising that he did not roll his eyes. "Oh, okay." There was nothing more he could say since they were not friends.

"Have you heard from Caroline?"

"No. I would have to you if I had."

"Aren't you worried?" She stared at him, "she could be piling streets with innocent people."

"Since there hasn't been news about an animal attack, I think that we should all come down. She is not Damon."

Elena frowned. "Her humanity is off, when mine was, I-."