Part 7

The gaang left early in the morning, Sokka still considered it night. Katara couldn't blame him, as the sun had not come out yet. The six people in Appa's saddle were sitting restlessly, some of them asleep, others thinking about the letter, the prophecy and the lights.

"what do you think the danger is?" Katara wandered aloud. She sat next to Suki and Toph, both asleep on her shoulders. She looked at Sokka, who slept on Suki's lap, and Zuko, who sat in front of her and looked at Aang stirring the bison and the clouds ahead of them. He looked at Katara when she spoke, his eyes seemed empty.

"I can't shake one specific line in the prophecy. 'the air and earth must fit as a glove, for the fire and water to live and let love'. I think it means me and Mai are over"

"why?" Aang asked, his eyes glued ahead.

"it sounds to me like the prophecy stirs me and Katara to end up together, live and let love?"

"or maybe it means that we survive and fall in love in the process? It doesn't say that it has to be each other, maybe you will go back to Mai" Katara said quietly as to not wake up the three sleeping next to her, two of them on her. Zuko sighed and crossed his arms, looking ahead.

"you should get some sleep too, Katara, it's a long flight to seashell island" he said before closing his eyes. Katara looked at Aang, then at Suki and Toph. She sighed and closed her eyes, hoping she would not fall from the saddle in her sleep.