Part 15

Aang waited for Appa and his friends on seashell island for two days, he smiled and jumped up from the rocks at the beach when Appa landed.

"I missed you buddy" he jumped on his bison, it roared in agreement as Aang's friends slid off of his tail.

"did you handle long feng?" Zuko asked, trying not to look at Katara too much. He felt something new towards her in the car, something similar to how he felt for Mai, but much stronger. He could not explain it, but he felt better just being around her, looking at her. he couldn't afford to let the others know, especially not her and Aang.

"I did, it was too easy. Long feng was a joke after your father at the height of his powers" Aang joked around, not noticing Katara staring at Zuko and Zuko trying not to stare back at her. Padma appeared on a red rock behind Zuko, she smiled as she saw Katara looking at him, then at her.

"Padma" she said. everyone turned to the dead avatar.

"I already heard about Aang's mission; did you handle yours?"

"yeah, we trapped Ozai's followers the night before they planned on breaking him out. They are all in the fire nation capital prison" Sokka puffed his chest proudly.

"good, what about Azula?"

"she has been dealt with" Katara answered simply.

"good. Now it is time for the next stage"

"next stage? I thought we were done after this one, I have a nation to run"

"calm down, fire lord, your uncle is taking care of your duties. I need you specifically, it was you who started, it must be you who finishes" Zuko sighed, but did not try to get out of it again.

"now, I received word about a small airbenders village deep in the earth kingdom. It appears their ancestors have escaped the massacre to the earth kingdom and created a small community. I need you to go there and teach them the old ways of the airbenders, Aang" Aang's eyes widened with excitement.

"of course, where is it?"

"surprisingly, near chameleon bay"

"we were there for the invasion, I didn't know there was an airbender village" Aang's smile dropped, his look turning from excitement to curiosity.

"they have hidden themselves to keep from a second massacre. You should go there with Toph, she can be of great help to you" Aang nodded his head vigorously and looked at Toph.

"Zuko, your mother has been spotted in a fire nation village, but she does not look like she used to"

"why is my mother important to saving the world?"

"Ursa has a great role to play in the upcoming disaster, you will want her next to you"

"what about me, Suki and Katara? what do we do?"

"Katara will go with Zuko, they have proven to be a great team time and time again. You and Suki can go wherever you want, as I have no more missions for you. I recommend going to the fire nation and helping Iroh rule the nation in Zuko's absence" Padma disappeared, the six people looked at each other.