Chapter 13: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴀɴɴᴏʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ

♥Chapter 13: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴀɴɴᴏʏꜱ ʜɪᴍ♥

✿Kennedy✿

I'm gonna pick up boxing classes.

I swear I wanna get all that arm strength and knock out Alex and Jake in a single blow.

What am I even saying?

I shake my head at myself as I put my hair in a ponytail. After putting on a cream t-shirt tucked into jean shorts, I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Guess who's ready to commit murder again?" I grin as I plop down on a barstool in front of Alex.

He gives me a look, "Aren't you tired of it by now?"

I shake my head, "Those mother lovers need to be put in their place."

He sighs and gives a nod. He looks tired with dark circles under his eyes and a shadow covering his face.

I furrow my eyebrows in worry, "Are you okay, Alex?"

He looks from his coffee at me and nods, "Yeah."

"Sure?" My frown deepens. "You look tired."

He waves it off. "Just work stuff."

Work stuff, huh? Some people just can't lie even if their life depends on it.

The same footsteps thud downstairs and I prepare my eyes again to be met by the dark-haired beauty-slash-beast.

Jake comes into view. Alex and I watch him as usual as he marches downstairs and walks towards the door, not sparing us a glance. He opens the door and like Alex and I already know, he's gonna step out and the door's gonna slam shut. So imagine our surprise when he pauses briefly at the door and turns his head around. His eyes meet mine. 

I almost scream at his sudden glance towards me but manage to give him a smile instead.

Jake's face lay passive the entire time.

His eyes flicker to Alex too then he was out the door, slamming it shut behind him.

Alex and I remain speechless, gazing at the closed door with our mouths hanging open.

"Is it just me or did he finally acknowledge our presence?" He asks, shock evident on his face.

"He wants to date you," I say.

Alex gives me a long look with confusion and shock etched on his face. 

Is getting Jake's attention for two seconds that revolting for him?

✯✯✯

This time when I walk out of school, Jake's car isn't waiting for me. His car is not even here yet.

I stuff my hands in the pockets of my shorts and wait.

The sun's gentle and the weather; cool. Back where I lived, it was always sunny and bright.