Chapter 23: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘᴏᴠᴇʀ

♥Chapter 23: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘᴏᴠᴇʀ♥

Chapter 23: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘᴏᴠᴇʀ♥

Kennedy

I walk out of school with Eve beside me.

My eyes stop on Jake and this time instead of him waiting in his car with his signature glare and all, he's standing out. Leaning against his car, he holds a cup in one hand and in the other, his phone.

A few strands of his dark brown hair fall over his eyebrows with a black tee stretching across his broad chest and wide shoulders. I internally drool an ocean looking at Jake's huge and tall form standing under the sunlight.

By the looks of it, even Eve finds him attractive because she's staring at him.

Eh, she already has a boyfriend so she's only admiring Jake and nothing else.

Right...?

"I'll see you later?" I ask Eve, getting her attention off Jake.

She looks at me and nods. "Yeah," she smiles.

We part ways and I walk toward Jake.

He looks up at me upon my arrival and I smile.

"Not gonna yell at me to get the eff in quickly before Corey comes?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes, "Let the fucker come when he wants. Here," He says and hands me the cup he's holding.

I take with curiosity, "Poison?"

"Yes."

"What kind?"

"Rat."

"Ooo you got the nastiest ones." I give him a look of approval, "I bet they sold it to you for two hundred dollars, black money."

"The blackest of money," He nods.

I break out into a grin, "Okay seriously, what is this?" I sniff the lid of the cup.

"Milkshake."

My body stops whatever it was doing. My heart turns mushy and I can't help the aww that comes out of my mouth. "You got me a milkshake?" Oh mama, I'm emotional.

He nods.

"Which flavour?"

He furrows his eyebrows, "There was supposed to be a fucking flavour?"

My smile drops at his question, "There-there's a flavour for a milkshake. How did you get this then without the milkshake guy asking you which flavour?"

He shrugs, "I just told him I wanted a milkshake."

I frown in confusion and take a sip from the cup.