Chapter 41: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴋꜱ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

♥Chapter 41: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴋꜱ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ♥

Chapter 41: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʜᴏᴍᴇ♥

Jake

A deep sigh comes out of my mouth.

Kennedy.

Won't.

Stop.

Fucking.

Talking.

I sit up and glare at her sleeping form, blabbering in her sleep.

She giggles before shifting one more fucking time in her sleep and continues to murmur incoherent words.

Usually, I have no problem and sleep through it, but tonight she's talking way too fucking much.

I knew she shouldn't have drank that coffee.

Finally giving up on sleeping, I slide out of the bed and walk out the door not before making sure Kennedy's inhaler is in reach along with her phone. Not gonna lie, she has the ability to kill herself just by falling off the bed.

I wander aimlessly around Toothy's mansion before deciding to go up to the rooftop terrace to get some late-night air.

My feet are silent against the chilled steps as I climb up the stairs.

Once I'm up I take in a deep breath of the fresh cool air.

My eyes roam around and am almost startled when I see the back of someone, leaning against the railing of the terrace.

It's Corey.

What's he doing here on the terrace at 3 am?

"What the fuck are you doing here at 3 am?" I ask.

Corey whirls around, wide-eyed.

He places his hand on his heart, "God, Jake. You startled me like how Kennedy's greeting Yoda does." 

I shrug, "I don't think there's anything more terrifying than that shit."

"Huh, you're right." Corey nods.

I walk forward with my hands in my pockets and stop beside Corey, looking out at the surroundings.

Corey goes back to his position, with his hands laced together and resting on the railing.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask Corey.

"What are you doing up here?" He asks me back.

I sigh, "Kennedy's talking in her sleep. It'll take her a while to stop."

He chuckles a bit, "Stop talking like that. Sounds like you're married."

Married to Kennedy?

Don't blush.