Chapter 40: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏꜱ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

♥Chapter 40: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏꜱ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ♥

Chapter 40: ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ꜱʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

Kennedy

Jake walks away and calls out Toothy's name.

Toothy looks up from splashing someone and grins at Jake before waving at him to come down. He shakes his head and gestures with his head to follow him. She frowns in confusion before swimming to the edge of the pool and pulling herself up.

Jake starts walking into the house and Toothy rushes after him while fumbling to wrap a towel around herself.

Someone taps on my arm before I let out a muffled yelp as Corey pulls my hand behind him. We stumble in the direction of Jake and Toothy.

"Where are we going?" I ask Corey.

He leans his head towards me, whispering, "We're gonna follow them."

My eyebrows raise, "You think Jake would want us to follow them?"

I mean what happened with Toothy is something really personal and even though Corey and I are close to them, I don't think Jake and Toothy would want us prodding into things that are personal between them.

Corey shrugs, "It can't be that bad."

They're going to the police station to see Toothy's rapist.

That is bad.

Right?

Should I tell Corey where they're going?

I keep silent, afraid I might blurt something out that Jake made me promise to not tell anyone.

Corey pulls me into a room and throws open a wardrobe. He takes out random clothes before throwing them at me.

We change our wet clothes; I, in the bathroom and Corey in the room.

Once we were changed, we run out of the mansion just in time to see Jake's car driving away.

Corey takes my hand and we run to his car. He quickly starts the car and follows Jake onto the streets.

"Scoot a little low," Corey tells me, "We don't want Jake seeing us then busting our ass."

Corey and I scoot lower into our seats.

My hands clutch the sides of my seat in a tight grip.

"Where the hell are they going?" Corey mutters under his breath.

"The police station."

"Oh, the police st—What?!" Corey's eyes widen.

"What?" I blink in confusion.

"What did you say?"

"What did I say?"

"That's what I'm asking you."