Chapter 7: Lovers

Emma loved Vash, even if he could be a hermit.  But love knows no boundaries.

She always found herself getting on his good side, even if it meant going the extra mile, a place she normally wouldn't go, as her charming personality was always enough to get on anyone's good side. And that's how Emma fell in love with Vash.

And that meant waking up at 10 in the morning on a Saturday to go over to Vash's house. It had been about a day since he'd been home from the hospital, and Emma was dying to see him. His short blonde hair, his blueish-green eyes... She needed him.

In her arms, there was a bag with a plaid pattern on it. In it, there were some items Emma decided to bring over. Emma had brought over baking supplies, just so she could do something with him while they were there instead of just kissing and so on.

She wore black high-top shoes, chocolate brown shorts, a light brown shirt, and a green ribbon. Her short blonde hair blew in the slight breeze, she squinted her eyes due to the burning hot sun. She regretted not bringing some sunglasses.

She reached into her purse, searing for a pair that she might have left in there. Although the sunglasses didn't go the greatest with her outfit and were a bit small, they protected her eyes enough so that she could see the medium-sized house in front of her.

As she walked up to the door, she knocked on it. She fiddled with her thumbs as she waited for her boyfriend to come to the door. While off in her own world, she could hear someone call her name from the window above. "Emma!" The voice called out.

The Belgian girl looked above her to see her Swiss boyfriend, poking out of the window above her. "You have a key, don't you?" Vash asked. "Oh. I do. Let me get it." Emma replied, searching through her keys to find the one to let her into the house.

She eventually found it, using it to unlock the door and let herself in. The house looked the same as always, the occasional mess here and there, with his favourite jacket tossed over a bench in the hallway. Emma picked it up and hugged it before heading on.

She found herself climbing up the stairs, knocking on the door of Vash's room. She heard a bit of rustling before he let her in. "Hello, Emma. You may come in." He greeted, her as he held the door open for her. "I'm sorry I took a second. I had to put on a shirt."

"Vash."

"Mhm?"

"We're dating."

"So?" He asked. "I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable with me having my shirt off, so I had to put one on real quick." Emma sighed, jokingly rolling her eyes. "Vash, I've seen you hundreds of times like that. You don't have to worry about it."

Vash turned to face her. "Well, I can't disagree with that, can I?" He replied. "It's so hot in here, I honestly had to. Do you mind if I... Uh... Do it again?" Vash questioned. Emma nodded. "Ah, don't worry about it. I wouldn't want you to overheat."

Vash looked back at Emma once more before taking it off. He was skinnier than average, but not severely underweight either. His shorts rose to just over his belly button. They were black, denim, baggy, and were just above his knees.

"If you're comfortable with me asking... How have you been throughout this whole... Situation?" Emma inquired, holding his hand as they both sat down on his bed. "I feel like... I failed my family. Lilli, Ludwig, Gilbert... and... Roderich." He replied.