Chapter 1

It was just another day where Danielle came home from the office, exhausted. She unlocked the door to her big one story house. She was alone, again. And the feeling of loneliness became more prominent every step she took. This house was meant for love, for friends, for fun. The space was supposed to be filled by people and the silence by laughter. But lately this house has been empty, occasionally filled by her and her husband and maybe one of their friends for a quick glass of wine.

The blonde walked through the house to drop her stuff in the living room. "Alexa, living light's on,"

When the blonde and her husband Nate, got married, this was their dream house. And with him having his own law firm and Danielle being a real estate agent, the two could easily afford it. It was a big one story house on the foot of a hill in Los Angeles. The interior is modern, just how they like it. A lot of white everywhere, combined with black and gold details. A lot of people, one of them being Danielle's mother, said that this house wouldn't be very kid friendly. And in the beginning this was something to consider, what if they wanted to start a family? 4 years after they got married, Nate his business became more successful. This resulted in him being home rarely. He made time for his wife, they went on nice trips, expensive dinners and they have a big group of friends. But there would be no way that there was time for a kid. Danielle wasn't mad about it, she didn't even know if she could take the responsibility of raising a child. So their life and their careers made the decision very easy, it was a hard no.

They talked about it when they were younger. Danielle and Nate met when she was 17, he just turned 18 at the time. High school sweethearts. Nate was the tall boy with brown curls in the soccer team of their school. They would lay in the grass in the park behind Nate's house and talk about the future. He would tell Danielle that they would be together forever, that he wants her to be the mother of his children and that she would make a wonderful wife to him one day. Their friends around them would joke about how they wanted to be invited to their wedding. And Danielle's mother took him in like her own son. It all seemed so perfect.

The story became even more like a fairytale when Nate engaged to her 4 years later. A year later they got married, went on their honeymoon and bought this house. The blonde was nothing more than the happiest girl, she felt like a princess.

Not knowing that the feeling would pass and that 11 years after their marriage, she was quite unhappy. The time they spend together only became less. The last time they left the country was over two years now, this would usually be at least twice a year. And if there was more time, there would be more trips.

She was wondering around the house, grabbing a glas of wine and looking into the fridge for a quick snack. She decided on one of the pastries Nate got yesterday from one of his clients. The woman decided to ring her husband to see if she was going to order in, or wait for him and cook.

"Nate Murphy speaking,"

"Hey love, will you be home anytime soon? I wanna order in, but if you will be home within an hour I'll just cook something,"

"I'm sorry, I don't think I will make that. Do you want me to order something for you?"

Danielle took a seat on one of the bar stools in the kitchen. "No, no it's fine,"

"Okay baby, maybe you can ask Barrett to eat together. Go out for dinner or something,"

"No, it's fine. I'm tired anyway. Wake me up when you get home?" And the blonde took a big sip from the dry white wine in her glass.

"Yes, I will. I'm sorry. I will make it up to you, okay?"

"It's allright. Love you,"

"I love you too, princess. Eat enough, see you tonight,"