Chapter 7

"Well, the fact that that was the only erotic book you recognised, says enough about how innocent you are."

After the session with Stefania, Danielle got into her car to drive to the real estate office. She connected her phone and just when her CarPlay connects, she received a call. The blonde read the screen where it says 'Nate Murphy'. She pressed on the green button to pick up.

"Hi love," The blonde said, after she answered.

"Hi princess, how was the session?" Nate told her he will try and call her after every session. It would be hard knowing he is usually very busy at work, so Danielle was actually surprised when he called. Not that she thought that he would make any promises he couldn't live up to. But still, she was a bit surprised.

"It was good, it was almost fun. She knows how to get the most out of me," Danielle got a smile on her face thinking about it, it was a good session.

"That's good. Anything that we need to talk about when I get home,"

Nate has been doing this since they started dating. Danielle is a talker, even though it sometimes doesn't show. And that's because she gets scared when she actually has to start a difficult conversation. She will question herself if it's worth the potential fight it could turn into. She will validate the others emotions over hers. Nate and Danielle have been in many situations where Danielle would start a conversation and then backs out of it. And the funny thing is, those situations will actually cause a fight, the blonde was trying to avoid. Nate will feel like Danielle doesn't trust him and Danielle will feel like Nate gets mad whenever she wants to talk about something that's hard on her. So to make sure Danielle has no chance of backing out, Nate would ask her if there is anything they need to talk about before they physically see each other. And it works.

"Yes, there is something. Not to big, just something I have to ask you,"

"Perfect, sweetheart. I will try to be home by 08:00 PM, okay?"

"08:00 PM is perfect. I will get us some sushi from that place downtown,"

"Okay, I will talk to you later. Text me when you need anything, okay?"

"I will. I really have to go now. Bye, love you,"

"Love you, princess,"

And she hung up. The blonde started her car and decided to drive to Starbucks first to get herself a White Mocha. Her favorite. Nate's behaviour confused her, it kept her thinking during the ride. When it was about her and her therapy, he would be really sweet and everything. But every time it was about them and therapy, he could become so cold and harsh. This was something the blonde wanted to talk about with Stefania, but she totally forgot. And how she forgot. Stefania made her forget everything for just one hour. For 60 minutes. For 3600 seconds. The blonde felt amazing. It felt like her smile got bigger and her palms sweatier, every time she left her practice. This wasn't good, and she knew it. But it felt good for now.

After the blonde got her coffee, she took off to go to her office. The blonde arrived at exactly 11:00 AM. People at work started noticing that Danielle would start her day late sometimes, which is unusual for her. The weirdest rumors started going around. One of them being that she was having an affair with one of the purchasing agents from upstairs. Just because he was coming in late too sometimes. When the guy heard about the rumor, he told everyone that he was taking his cousin to daycare almost everyday before seeing his sister. His sister was hospitalised. Well, the silence that fell in the office that day was killing, but the funniest thing ever. Linda and Danielle still make jokes about it. The blonde couldn't be bothered by the rumours.

She got out of her car and entered the building, greeting Jenna first.

"Goodmorning, Jenna,"

"Good morning, Danielle. There is one cancellation this afternoon, but I forwarded it to you,"Danielle nodded politely at the girl.