Chapter 5

"Oh, please. Call me Stefania, Danielle,"

The blonde woke up due to the annoying sound of her alarm. She reached over to her night stand to grab her phone and turn it off. Danielle looked for any messages that came in and her calendar, before she put the device down again. Therapy today, with Nate. The two had a fight last night when Nate arrived home late again, but this time without any notice. He came home around 01:00 AM, like it was the most normal thing ever.

Danielle was sitting on the couch in the living room, laptop on her lap. From the spot she was sitting you could look though the glass of the hallway, to the garage door. She had been waiting for hours. She texted, she called, but nothing. So she decided to wait. Around 01:00 AM she heard the gate open and saw headlights going to the garage. There he was. It usually took Nate 5 minutes to park, get his stuff and walk inside. This time it took a bit longer. There was stuff falling and a lot of stumbling, before the man reached the living room and dropped his bag in the hallway and his coffee cup on a cabinet next to the door to the living room.

"Nathaniel, the kitchen is there, and we have a perfectly fine dishwasher," Danielle said, pointing to the kitchen when she saw this all happening. Nate's face changed, the blonde couldn't place it. Like he was caught or something.

"Princes, you're still up?" Nate asked while walking to Danielle. Before he could drop down next to her on the couch, she started talking.

"Coffee cup, kitchen. Now," The man stumbled back to the cabinet without saying anything and put the cup in the dishwasher like Danielle asked. As soon as he finished, he walked back to Danielle and dropped next to her on the couch. Danielle was in her favourite spot, the corner. She was very much enjoying her space until then.

"My wife is so bossy today," The man started kissing her neck while his hand went to her cheek.

"Nate, get off of me!" Danielle jumped up, her laptop dropping to the floor. Nate looked shocked by her reaction.

"What the fuck, Danielle. Why are you acting like this?" The man picked up his wife's laptop and put it on the coffee table. Meanwhile, Danielle was standing in front of him, breathing intensified. She was mad.

"Why am I acting like this? Are you damn fucking serious? Why am I acting like this? You were out until 1:00 AM, without any notice. I was worried Nate. I texted, I called and I got nothing. And now you just walk in like nothing happend, smelling like scotch," The blonde walked to the kitchen to pour herself a glas of water. Nate stood up from the couch to walk over to the other side of the kitchen island, eye in eye with his wife.

"I'm sorry, Danielle. Today was rough. I was with Doctor Spampinato in the morning and I can't deal with my feelings sometimes. She asked about the past and my parents and I just don't wanna talk about that anymore. She just kept going and going. I went back to work and I just couldn't function properly. I messed up a lot. I left the office early and met up with Jim at the bar downtown. I didn't bother to look at my phone, Isla kept calling me. I'm sorry," The blonde was actually too tired to have a proper conversation with her husband this late. Plus, he was drunk anyway.

"Get your shit together, we have an appointment with Stef-, Doctor Spampinato at 9:00 AM," Danielle put her glass in the dishwasher and turned the machine on. She walked over to the coffee table to grab her laptop and walked past the kitchen to their bedroom. Before she left the kitchen she turned around to say one last thing to Nate.

"You can sleep in the guest room. And one last fucking thing, don't you dare to step in a car like that ever again. You will kill someone. I love you, good night,"