Chapter 22 - A Safe Innovation

Dorian Amsel is currently at a restaurant near the entrance of the Wine and Spirits sector called the Frite and Slider Gourmet, which is a popular eatery in the Conglomerate for those who just wanted some good ole' fast food but unlike the regular McDonalds at the megamall below, Frite and Slider Gourmet is a 'gourmet burger and fries restaurant.

Frite and Slider Gourmet have a variety of different toppings as well as great patties like salmon, turkey, lamb, and veggie, the most expensive being a burger with wagyu steak and a full menu solely for gourmet potato fries. Whatever you decide on getting, it's going to be the highest quality and well worth paying more than 99 cents for.

And because of its popularity, you will expect that the Frite and Slider Gourmet restaurant has indeed accumulated enough character and big bucks to be placed on the pedestal of the Luxbourg Conglomerate despite not being formally included in the Houses of the luxury-goods company itself.

It has developed much prestige to the point of acquiring its wine cellar and a band of sommeliers.

Dorian looks around the tables, most of the customers are talents from the Wines and Spirits sector as well as the Art de Vivre sector. It's uncommon to find the "posh" sectors of fashion, perfumery, and jewellery eating at Frite & Slider Gourmet.

Dorian just finished adding new selections & polishing wine glasses for the evening.

After her duty at the burger joint, she went back inside the Wines & Spirits sector where the winemaking rooms are.

Dorian knew to herself that if she keeps drinking wine further, it will greatly affect her ailing health. But that doesn't mean she'll have to give up her passion right?

Perhaps there is a way to make wine-drinking "friendly" for her benefit and for the other people who would want a safer option. Though there are nonalcoholic wines that do exist, still it wasn't as known as their alcoholic counterpart.

Nadya, the master sommelier has given her access to the labs herself. Since the talents and superiors of the sectors of the Conglomerate are kept within themselves, it did not take long before Dorian's diligence caught the eyes and ears of everyone.

One vintner who has gotten a word about Dorian has allowed the sommelier on the private vineyard exclusive for the Maisons under the Conglomerate's Wines and Spirits sector - located at the back of the Pearl of the Bay Megamall so that Dorian could tinker and create her blends.

Dorian spends a week experimenting with different wine types: from sparkling wines to rosés, from a Chardonnay to a Cabernet Sauvignon.

The sommelier was so busy that she never saw Wilhelmina and Magdalene for days! The vampires don't mind it though, they are glad to hear that she's doing well:

"She's at the vineyards, helping the pluckers!"

"Dorian Amsel? She's at the wine-and-food pairing session at a restaurant on the third floor!"

"She's whisking her booze! Wonder what'll be!"

Though despite not communicating for a while, Wilhelmina and Magdalene would look at the balcony surveying the talents around, and notice that Dorian is fleeing back-and-forth either with Nadya (her mentor) or all by herself, the sommelier would steal glances at them, probably wondering how their day is but then go to the location she's needed afterwards.