27. Hardships

Kid was incredibly angry when he woke up. He was snapping at everyone and he swore his revenge on Shanks. If he didn't already have it out for the Yonko, he sure did now. You were nervous to even tell him you were the one who told Shanks.

You had to tel him. Granted, he most likely only knew because you were pretty sure he got the clear idea but he was most likely blinded by rage to even remember anything. You sat on the stairs, your thigh shaking as you bounced it up and down out of pure anxiety.

"What the hell is with you? You're shaking like you did something." Kid said with a harsh tone. You looked up at him with furrowed brows before you stood up.

"Kid...I was the one who told Shanks about you going to challenge him. I didn't want to just stand by and let you get hurt, I'm—"

You were cut off by a piece of metal being thrown close to your head. You could see the anger burning in his eyes.

"You went to go see him personally? Just to fucking rat me out?"

"I had no other choice! I didn't want to let you risk dying!" You shouted.

His face wasn't like anything you had seen. All you could see was anger and possibly hatred. He looked like he was going to explode on you at any given moment.

"Get out."

"Kid please, Im sor—"

"I said get the hell out!" He yelled. You quickly scurried out of the workshop, hearing his angry cusses at you. All you had to remember was Killers advice. He needed his time.

You had your own problems to deal with. You were just now at your fathers house who you always went to when something was wrong. You pretty much ignored everyone, refusing to even tell them something was up.

Now you were just sitting on the front porch with yet another bottle of liquor. It reminded you of a similar time. When you lashed out at Kid and stoned off, you found your way back home and into the liquor cabinet. Now you did it again.

A sigh escaped your lips as you took a sip from the bottle of wine, a frown on your face. You always made your way back to alcohol whenever you felt down. Even during college and highschool, you became addicted until you were sent to rehab after you graduated college.

Now that you thought about it, college was a whirlwind. It was both amazing and hell. It was great because you spent your time with the man you loved at the time but hell because you were juggling a career and addiction. The after part of college was amazing.

You had gotten engaged to Niji at your graduation party. It was all like a dream to you. In your eyes, he was the one for you, the one you wanted to spend your whole life with. But you stood corrected when that fateful day fell.

All because of him, you were in this hell. You were in love with someone who didn't feel the same and treated you like shit. You began to drift away and love someone else only for him to rip you away from that someone. Now you had to go on another date with the man who almost killed him.

You didn't have to do any of this yet you did. It puzzled you. Why did you even bother saving him? Why did you comfort him? Why did you keep crawling back? He made you so confused. He made you want to scream and cry. Even when he was horrible to you, it only made you realize you were always on his side.

You didn't like him in the beginning. He was rude and harsh, he never changed. He used you and left you behind. Left you on the cold floor to freeze. There wasn't a time where he cared for you but each second, you care for him but he never reciprocated that. Eventually, you found yourself beginning to cry.

Every time you thought about it, you always ended up hurting yourself because of the truth. You knew he didn't want you. He only let you caress his face that day because he could tell your really were worried. He looked at you the way he used to stare at Bonney. It hurt you in every way possible. He never looked at you so delicately, so passionately and sweet.

You buried your face in your knees, soaking your legs in your tears. You were always afraid someone was going to take your place with him, you didn't stand a chance with him. Now you had to deal with his hatred for you. Was it all even worth it? You didn't even have to ask yourself that. You wouldn't be able to live knowing you could've prevented his death.

Everything was so complicated for you. All you could do was sob and take a swig from the bottle next to you. Praying and wishing was all you did.

Praying for it to get easier. Wishing for him to get over it soon.

Praying for him to love you the way he did Bonney.