CHAPTER 2: Where it begins

After washing his face, Soobin left the bathroom and immediately went into the staff room to change his clothes. He couldn't stand wearing that revealing outfit any longer. The air brushing his skin was too cold for his liking.

Once he reached the staff room, he was greeted by Yeji, his manager.

"Oh? You're leaving already?" She asked.

"Yes"

"Won't you stay and serve as a waiter first? The crowd seemed to love you. Good job on the performance, by the way" the redhead complimented.

"Thanks. But I'm really tired today. I'll serve tomorrow, promise" Soobin answered as he went behind the curtain to change.

Yeji nodded "Okay. And take care of yourself. You look too skinny"

"You told me I could dance better if I lose weight" Soobin replied in a playful tone.

"Yah! I didn't tell you to that for you to starve yourself and look this pale like you're on drugs or something"

Soobin giggled and finished changing. He came out with a smile, now wearing his usual clothes.

"You may leave early. I'll hand out your salary as per usual" said miss manager.

"Thanks. I'll get going now"

"See you"

After the door clicked shut, Yeji averted her eyes to the place where Soobin was standing just a few seconds ago.

"I hope he isn't pushing himself too hard" She sighed, put her cat mask on, and went back to work.

———+𝗑+———

The following morning, Soobin was on his way to class as usual, feeling proud of himself for actually finishing breakfast.

As he was walking, a pair of hands suddenly grabbed him out of nowhere, dragging the male into a nearby classroom. Soobin tried to scream but got muffled by a large hand covering his mouth.

The kidnapper pushed Soobin inside the empty classroom and locked the door. Soobin panicked. Who could be doing this to him? He couldn't think of anyone who would have ill intentions like this towards him. Or perhaps it was a prank?

The kidnapper finally removed his hand from Soobin's mouth. He slowly turned around, anticipating the identity of the person.

Out of all people, he wasn't expecting a popular senior from the dance department. It didn't make any sense.

Sure Soobin knew who he was. But it was still super strange considering they had never shared a conversation, not even once. So why the hell did THE Choi Yeonjun lock him in a classroom?

"Um... do you need anything, sunbae?" Soobin asked, sounding polite as ever despite just having been kidnapped.

Yeonjun made a cringe expression at that. "You sure are good at pretending"

"I'm not sure I understand...What are you talking about?"

"YOU" Yeonjun spoke as he stared into the younger's eyes, intimidating him. "Everyone thinks you're so perfect. Always being called the golden boy or whatsoever. But no, your innocence is simply a facade"

At this point, Soobin began to feel anxious. It wasn't possible... did Yeonjun find out about his secret?

"I'm curious... if you're so good at dancing, why don't you join the dance department?"