.𝟢𝟤

★•★now you were in your second year

now you were in your second year. time really did work it weird ways. though it was whatever, time was weird anyways. so it didn't matter much.

not much had changed just new teammates joining. you had heard from a few of the others about their new roommates. you were glad you didn't live there. it seemed quite chaotic, you much preferred a house to yourself.

the reason you didn't live there? your parents had bought a house in town. so you just stayed there instead. you told them an apartment was fine but they insisted on a house.

it was quite lonely. since it was just you there, and your main residence was in another town. perhaps you should ask about a pet. not like they'd take care of it.

after all they had only been to this house once. just when they came to check it out. then they bought it and told you to stay there. you complied with what they said.

despite the comments you get of 'oh you live alone? you're so lucky you can do whatever you want!' you would've preferred having your parents there with you.

either way you had your two pets there with you. after your first year you had asked about getting pets. of course you parents said yes, and you loved them both deeply. after all they were the only ones who lived with you

but there was nothing you could do. it's like they thought giving you everything you wanted would be enough. it was enough, you were grateful they got you whatever you asked for.

well almost everything, there was one thing you'd continuously ask for, yet you never received it.
you had it years ago, but it's been years since you've felt the love of parents.

it was fine, you understood the distance. you could make do without any there with you.

————

now it was time for the new first-years to introduce themselves. of course as luck would have it...kazuya was no where to be seen. already causing trouble, how did you ever deal with him?

though clearly more ruckus was yet to come...

"hey even though he's late, this guys trying to sneak into the line!"

and so there stood a first year, frozen in place. poor guy, he was used as a decoy by none other than your dearest friend. it would seem that luck was not on his side today.

"kid...you've got guts, coming late on the first day. and worse, trying not to get caught while you sneak in...that kind of rotten personality...go run until practice ends!"

"this guys upperclass roommates too. as well as the incredible idiot standing over there, who tried to exploit the situation...you run too."

yeah that all made sense, no wonder he was late. with them as his roommates it was clear now. and kazuya getting caught...always causing something.

it was a relatively funny situation, you couldn't lie. so you hid a small chuckle that came from your lips. they all ended up running, you can't say they didn't deserve it.

————

lunch was always something you hated, especially after so much practice. I mean what sane human eats so much rice. the only good thing about it was a break with no practice.

right now you were sitting in front of kazuya. and the notorious first-year who was late. though you should've found a different seat to sit at.

how gross, this day got suddenly worse.

"whoa are you okay?!"

"don't barf here! go barf outside!"

"gross, gross, gross!"

and so with that, your appetite was promptly ruined.

————

after that incident, it was more practice. how fun. then the coach said something about the first-years doing something and everyone else keeps practicing and what not.

though that first-year kuramochi roomed with, let's just say he's something.

"RAAAAAAAA! I-i slept in, I let my guard down...I'm not gonna make excuses for myself...but i...I...I came here to become an ace! and I don't plan on giving up no matter what anyone says!"

"hmph...pointless."

"the hell do you mean, pointless?! I'm serious I- uh- I mean...I just...huuuh? wai-what are you?! ...huh?"

"WHOAAAA!"

"what the heck was that!? you didn't...from all the way back here?! that...went like 350 feet!"

"haha...those first years are as pale as ghosts!!"

"well,yeah...they're looking at a man who turned down play for the pros to go back and coach at his alma mater. he'd probably still be on the active roster if he'd gone."

"kid...you said you wanted to be ace...in that case, you won't need words. show me with your skill! it's about 300 feet from the home base to that fence...if you can throw that far with a long pitch I'll let you practice with us..."

"f-for real??"

"however...if you don't make it to the fence...you give up on pitching right now."

hmm, this seemed to be getting quite interesting. not everyday a show like this is put on display.

"haha...hahaha! that's a big name school for you! easy to understand at least! just in case...if I manage to make it over the fence that still a win, right?"

just maybe did this guy catch you attention now. could he really make it? he seemed fairly confident that he could...at least.

"heh heh...but y'know...if I screw up at a time like this, then I don't got what it takes to be ace! my name is sawamura eijun, from akagi middle school! keep the memory of my first pitch as a high schooler in your hearts, if you please!"

this guy was a riot. keep the memory of my pitch in your heart? perhaps you would depending on the outcome.

 keep the memory of my pitch in your heart? perhaps you would depending on the outcome

a.n
I'm in such a good mood rn! I got venti at early pity and won my 50/50 shdhwnsjbeb also I wrote a ova type of chapter for yk the reader aka you, it's like 1.5k words but idk if y'all actually want to read it. so idk rn but if u guys want I'll post it!
-s