Chapter One

I let out a groan when my alarm blared the familiar tune, apples famous marimba. I blindly flopped my hand around, searching for my phone before finally feeling the smooth, cool glass. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and turned it of, chucking it across the room in anger. It hit my wall and clattered to the ground on the hardwood floor, the sound making a small smile appear on my face.

Five thirty was too early for me to even be awake but throwing my phone was my morning ritual. I've gone through five in the last two years. Perks of having so much anger.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and I bit back laughter. I was basically everyone's alarm, whether they liked it or not. (Usually not)

"I guess that means you're awake, dear," my dad said, opening my door slightly. He was still in his boxers and no shirt. Gross.

"Brinley Mayella West please don't throw your phone anymore you will break it again!" He scolded.

I grunted and got up off my bed, smoothing my hair. I glanced in the mirror on the way to pick up my phone and noticed I had sharpie smeared across my face. It was also on my arms and neck, along with my white shirt. I guess I fell asleep drawing... Crap.

"I have no idea why I had another kid after your brother. Why god," he muttered as he left the room, the door shutting with a click. "Stacey I should have left you when I found out you were pregnant again!" He yelled to my mom. They were both awake because they both had jobs in the morning and who could sleep through my phone throwing?

What nice parents I have. I can practically feel the love beaming down on me in warm rays of happiness.

I picked up my phone and flipped it over in my hands, examining it. Luckily it was not damaged. It was a silver Iphone 6 but I had a case on it that had Ariel on it. My favorite Disney princess ever. Literally Ariel is my spirit animal.

I went into my bathroom and set the phone on the counter, looking into the mirror. My brunette hair was tangled and sure enough sharpie was everywhere. I grabbed a washcloth and wet it down, applying soap. I scrubbed at my face and arms for around ten minutes before the sharpie was barely noticeable but still there.

Whatever, haters gonna hate.

Next I put on some clothes, a black V neck shirt and some denim ripped skinny jeans. I slipped on my black vans and did my usual make up, just mascara. Then I combed through my thick wavy hair with my fingers (too lazy to find my brush) and brushed my teeth.

Satisfied with my appearance I left my room with my black backpack slung over my shoulder and my phone in my hand. I went into the kitchen and at at the table next to my dad. My mom was making some sort of food that smelled like eggs and who knows what.

"Brin, we have to leave early today because Calum has some smart person nerd thing this morning," my older brother, Keaton said, walking into the kitchen and plopping down on the counter. He was wearing a black shirt, too. I hated when we accidentally matched.

Calum was Keaton's best friend who I had to put up with. He was a major flirt and kind of a hoe, but also really smart, even though you couldn't tell by talking to him.

"Really? A smart person thing? My kids are so creative. God why didn't we use protection?!" My mom groaned. "Steve we are getting a divorce and you are taking the kids." She looked over at us scowling.

"No way. You gave birth to them!" My dad put down his newspaper and rubbed his temples.

I frowned at the thought of my parents having sex and turned to my brother. "Fine but I am mad at Calum. He knows I hate going early."