Chapter Two

I heard the bell explode overhead and I knew I would be late to my Trigonometry class.

Ashton had stopped me in the hallway to tell me to come over after school since Kat had an appointment or something. They were usually attached at the hip so I was happy I could spend some time with Ash without her.

Apparently my weirdo misses me. Aw.

It was obvious to everyone except Ashton that Kat didn't like me. She probably didn't like Layla either and Cas she absolutely hated.

I ran my fingers along the cool ceramic walls as I made my way to class. I didn't want to go so I was taking my time.

I dreaded even being in the same room as Michael and Luke, but especially Michael. I knew for a fact Kennedy had hooked up with him in the past. Who knew if they were kind of a thing? I knew Michael wasn't one for relationships, but hey, anything can happen in the words of Ellie Goulding.

What if they hurt me? I wouldn't put it past them to hurt a girl. I could probably take Kennedy but not two guys significantly bigger than me.

What if they threaten me? That would be even worse, since I wouldn't know when it was coming. Or what would happen.

What if.... No, Brinley. Calm down everything will be okay.

I came up to the door and pushed the thoughts away as I turned the handle with a shaky hand and walked in.

The teacher looked at me disapprovingly but continued lecturing as I took a seat near the back.

The only seat left in the room was by Michael and I internally cursed but kept my cool as I sat down.

Of course there was an open seat by him. Who would want to sit next to that dickhead?

He glanced up at me, narrowed his eyes and turned back to Luke.

Sighing in relief that he didn't say anything, I took out my notebook and began taking the notes off the board.

The class passed by slowly and nobody even tried talking to me, but I knew that Clifford and Hemmings would get revenge for hurting their 'princess.' I just didn't know when and the suspense was making my stomach hurt.

I felt something hit my shoulder lightly and I looked up from my paper. I saw a ball of paper hit the floor and rolled my eyes at their childish action.

"You know," I began, "paper balls don't exactly hurt so you're going to have to try harder!" I said in a fake cheery voice.

Michael narrowed his eyes. "No duh, dipshit. I just don't like you."

I smiled, tilting my head and drumming my fingers on the desk. "That seems to be what everyone says. I wonder why?"

"Maybe it's because you're a sarcastic bitch who doesn't even deserve to have a place on Earth," he said, his voice cold.

I searched his gaze and could tell he meant it. What did I even do to him? I blinked and pretended not to care about what he said. It hurt, though. It really did.

"Rot in hell, Clifford."

I meant it.

"Oh, trust me, I will," he muttered, turning back around to face a smirking Luke.

I rested my head in my hands and waited for the class to be over. Why do I have to have classes with them. Why, god?

When the bell finally rang I practically ran out of the room so they couldn't mess with me anymore.

The last hour of the day I had with Cassie and Kat. Kat rarely talked to me in that class because Ash wasn't there, though.

When I walked into the room Cassie squealed and ran over to me with a wide smile. "I KNOW YOU HAD A BAD DAY SUGAR PLUMB BUT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A GOOOD NIGHT!" She screeched.