Chapter Three

As soon as we got home we just sat around and chatted for a while before getting ready for the party.

It took what seemed to be days for us to get ready because neither of us could decide what to wear, but when we were done we arrived at the party which was in full swing.

Fashionably late, just how I liked.

Cas had finally settled on a tight navy blue dress that was strapless and short with some silver pumps. She also wore a silver key necklace that she never took off (nobody knows why) and her blonde and blue hair was curled.

I wore a dress that was tight around the bust but flowed out into a skirt. The top was gold and sparkly and the bottom half was black. I was also wearing gold and sparkly pumps and had my hair naturally wavy. I never did my hair differently and all the make up I even knew how to use was mascara.

If I do say so myself, we were damn right sexy.

I got out of Cassie's jeep and shut the door behind me, letting out a breath which fogged up like smoke. The air was cool and I shivered, wrapping my arms around myself.

I walked around her car to her and smiled. I was ready to let some stress melt off under the sweet intoxication of alcohol. I could regret things in the morning.

"You ready?" Cas had a mischievous grin on her face.

I nodded, letting out a small squeal of excitement. "LET'S GO PARTY!" I yelled, pumping my fist in the air as I tried to run.

Cas laughed and came after me. "I never thought you would be a partier, Brin. Never."

I cast a sideways grin at her. "Yeah? Well I wasn't but then you came along!" I told her as we entered the large house.

It was true, I was a good girl who stayed home studying on Friday nights and always told the truth. Then Cas became my friend freshman year and by sophomore year I was a party animal.

I checked out a few guys as soon as I entered. One was tall and blonde and caught my eye, smirking at me. He was wearing a tight black shirt that said something in white letters (too dark to tell) and some dark jeans.

Cute. I would have to find him later.

There were people everywhere who I didn't recognize and a few people I did recognize but didn't want to.

For one thing, Kirsten was there. Kirsten was basically the queen of the seniors and she got what she wanted. She was also none other than Kennedy Tollman's older sister and I'm sure she knew who I was. And hated me.

Oh, and my brother fucks her occasionally.

There was no sight of the monster herself but I was sure she was somewhere.

I walked faster after Cas who was making her way skillfully through the crowd while I was bumping everyone. A few glared or cursed at me but I kept walking.

"Ahhhh, here we are!" She finally said, stopping. I breathed a sigh of relief. These heels sucked.

We were now in a large kitchen with a bar and everything. On the bar there were cups filled with god knows what and beers. Oh, and empty bottles. Lots of empty bottles.

Cas grabbed a drink and handed it to me before getting one for herself. I hesitated while she took a swig.

"Uh, what's in this?" I asked cautiously, sniffing the drink. It smelled like cheap alcohol and looked kind of brownish clear.

Oh, fuck it.

I took a gulp and it burned slightly as it went down my throat but I liked the feeling it gave me so I took another drink.