Chapter Five

After Ashton and I had our somewhat serious chat he decided that since I was a girl I needed some coffee in my life and he was going to take me to Starbucks. Sexist much? I knew he wanted it more than me anyways so I agreed.

Ashton's secret confession was he lived for Starbucks. A true white girl at heart.

Well at least I will have my mind off of all the things that happened in the last fourty-eight hours.

No more thinking about any a) bitches or b) assholes.

Aw too bad I can't think of Kennedy. Note the sarcasm.

He was in the front seat of his semi beat up truck, driving and I was just watching him with a smile on my face.

Ashton makes my life so much better. What would I do without my best friend? Cassandra and Layla too. Maybe even Kat.

I was lucky I would never have to face this world alone.

Ashton was wearing some weird looking sunglasses and his gaze was fixed on the road. One hand was tightly gripping the steering wheel and the other one was tapping along to the Greenday song on the radio. A true drummer at heart. His sandy blonde hair was blowing slightly in the wind and he needed to shave but he was the friend I've known and loved over the years.

"Ashton?"

"Hmm?" He glanced at me then back at the road.

I wanted to gush about how much our friendship meant to me but I was never one to do that sort of thing so I said the net best thing. "You need a haircut. And a shave while you're at it," I laughed.

He frowned. "But I love my luscious locks and my stubble!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure you get all the ladies with your so called luscious locks."

He smirked and nodded. "But I only like Kat back. She's pretty amazing."

"But Kat hates me dude," I groaned. "Why do you even like her?"

His frown deepened and he shook his head. "She doesn't hate you! How could she hate you? Plus, I like her because we just click. She's my other half, and I'm sure you will find someone like that someday."

I smiled, shrugging. "I'm not sure about all that, but thanks. You guys are cute together, you know that right?"

He smirked and nodded, continuing to drive.

I stared out the window at the passing cars, thinking. What if I never found that person who I clicked with?

I could be alone forever with a cat. Or fifty cats.

I wasn't desperate for a boyfriend but feeling loved and cuddling with someone would be nice. I mean, I have great friends and all but that isn't the same.

"And we have arrived at heaven!" Ashton said as we pulled into the Starbucks parking lot.

I laughed and opened the door, getting out and slamming it behind me. "You are paying, dude."

He groaned but nodded his head. "Yeah but only because you had to put up with Luke and Michael last night."

I frowned. "No talking about them, remember?" I pointed out.

He chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you say, sista!"

As soon as I opened the door I was met with the wonderful smell of coffee, chocolate and cinnamon. It was heaven like he said. Heaven on earth.

I looked around the small shop, smiling to myself. The calm atmosphere of the room and the smell of coffee relaxed me. Plus, there wasn't many people there. A few older people.