football

prompt: you decked me in the head while you were playing football with your friends.

word count: 656

...

josh's pov:

i had just finished my drum session at the end of lunch, and left the arts building to make my way to the cafeteria.

i was just passing around the corner of the science blocks when i saw a group of jocks playing football on the field. my eyes flickered over all the players as they threw the ball across the field to one another.

i turned away not being bothered by the game, and carried on walking. until i heard shouting - but it was too late.

i turned my face to be met with the ball. ouch, that hurt. i fell to the ground hand instantly coming to reach for my nose. i pulled my hand back and it was covered in blood, so i assumed that my nose was most likely broken.

a couple guys ran over and were saying things, but i couldn't make out what. my head felt really fuzzy.

i felt myself being lifted up, and realise that one of them was now carrying me bridal style. where are they taking me? i should probably ask?

"w-where are we going?" i groggily let out.

"i'm taking you to the nurses office. i think i broke your nose" his voice was nice. very nice. it was soft and very calming, and he chuckled a bit at my grogginess.

"oh. you really think it's broken?"

"it does look like it. i'm really sorry, i tried yelling for you but it was too late" he sounded genuinely sorry for what had happened for me.

"it's ok. i should have payed more attent-" i passed out.

"hey, oh gosh he passed out" the guy began to run the rest of the way to the nurses office, and went in without knocking once he got there.

the nurse looked up, concern filling her face at the state of josh.

"my goodness, lay him on the bed. what happened?"

"he was walking past the field when i threw the football. it hit his face"

"well thank you for bringing him-"

"is it okay if i stay here?"

"sure, take a seat"

...

i opened my eyes slowly and see that i'm in the nurses office. oh yeah, i passed out. i go to sit up when a hand gently pushes me back down, and i see that the guy who carried me here is now standing over me.

"don't get up. you need to stay laying down, you have a concussion"

i placed my head back down on the pillow, and the guy sat back down in a chair which was next to the bed. did he stay here the whole time? how long was i out?

"how long was i passed out for?" he pulls out his phone to check the time.

"it's been about 30 minutes, maybe a little longer"

"you didn't have to stay"

"no i did. i wanted to apologise and i needed to see if you were ok" he seems really sweet, and he's really cute too.

"yeah i'm good, i'm used to concussions anyways - i'm clumsy so" i laughed awkwardly.

"oh ahah, still they're no fun. and i can't help but feel bad. let me make it up to you?"

"oh no really don't worry-"

"let me take you out" i was quite shocked at his statement, but i couldn't help myself-

"like a date?" i laughed at the end, just in case i really had the wrong idea here. but he smiled.

"yeah sure, a date. after you're a little better thought"

"y-yeah, obviously ahah"

"well i should go, the guys are probably wondering where i am. i'll see you later" i smiled, but just before the door closed i called him back.

"wait, what's your name?" he smiled and blushed.

"tyler joseph. i'll see you later, joshua"

i stayed there staring at the ceiling, too exited to care about the concussion.

he knows me - he knew my name.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

hii!

this is one of my favourites that i've written. it may not be super good or anything, but i just really love it. i hope you enjoyed reading it ((:

ly <3