CHAPTER 3

You can see Pansy and her minions standing before the common room entrance holding the book you're looking for.

“Look who's back! Looking for this aren't you?”, Pansy says mockingly.
“Give me back my book!”
“Whoa, calm down. What's the fuss over this filthy book? Let's see…”

She flips through the book and smirks as she finds the letter. You try to stop her from reading the letter, but her minions hold you back.

“Don't you dare—”
“I don't care whatever this letter is, but it seems important to you. So…”

She proceeds to crumple the letter and step on it. Fighting to let yourself go, you curse at her.

“F*CK YOU, Pansy!”
“Well that's what you get for being all friendly and flirty with Draco. He's mine!”
“I'm not yours, Pansy. And I'm certainly not her friend. What do you think I am? She's just a toy to pass time." 

All of you shock and turn to Draco as he approaches out of nowhere. You shake yourself free from the minions.

“Draco! What're you doing here?”
“It's none of your business, Pansy. Just give her damn book. I'm tired of hearing her fuss over a book.” 
“Yeah, she looks pathetic right?”

You ignore the remark and look at Draco in disbelief, but he refuses to make eye contact with you.

“Here, take this back.”. 

Pansy says as she picks the crumpled letter and pretends to pass both the book and the letter to you, before throwing it to a puddle nearby.

“There. Let's go, Draco.”

They move towards the entrance as Draco follows behind, before he looks back at you, not saying any words. But you, feeling betrayed and devastated, just stared at the puddle before you collected yourself and headed towards your dormitory.

Since that day, you and Draco never exchange any words. No  bickering or teasing, even when you pass each other anywhere.

Draco POV

"Isn't that YN's voice? Why's she shouting..."

Draco hurriedly goes to the direction of the voice, worried if something's happening to YN. 

“Don't you dare—”

He barely hears what they're saying, but at this rate he's confident that Pansy is the one responsible for YN's lost book. After all, he knew Pansy is crushing on him and her jealousy is really sickening. And now YN has become one of her targets for that. 

“F*CK YOU, Pansy!”
“Well that's what you get for being all friendly and flirty with Draco. He's mine!”
“I'm not yours, Pansy. And I'm certainly not her friend. What do you think I am? She's just a toy to pass time." 

"Damn! I'm sickening myself." 

“Draco! What're you doing here?”
“It's none of your business, Pansy. Just give her damn book. I'm tired of hearing her fuss over a book.” 

"Damn! Damn! Don't look at me like that YN" 

“Let's go, Draco.”, Pansy said.

"This b*tch even dares to do that in front of me. God knows what she'll do to YN if I'm not here" 

As Draco heads back to the common room, he looks back at YN who's currently looking down at her wet book and letter in the puddle. 

"I'm sorry YN. I hope by doing this you're free from being her target"