CHAPTER 9

After Prof. Dumbledore's death, everything in Hogwarts changes. Death Eaters everywhere, including Hogwarts. Some of the students went back home to be with their family, but you decide to remain here to help professors. You’ve heard rumours about Draco, saying he’s involved in Prof. Dumbledore’s death. You refused to believe that. But at this point, you’re not even sure if he’s really not involved. After all, he’s keeping secrets from you all this time.

Fast forward to the Battle of Hogwarts. Students were asked to evacuate, with the exception of some older students who are willing to fight.

"I'm staying" you say, determined. 

"I want to help. I want to fight”, you add. 
“But you can't. Prof. McGonagall asked ALL Slytherin to leave.” Bella says.
“That's just because they can't find trustworthy Slytherin.”, you storm off. 

“I have to find Draco. He must be involved in some way, and I have to stop him!”

You went to change and wear neutral clothing, so nobody will realise you're a Slytherin when they're busy fighting. Then you run across the castle, trying to find him. But it’s futile. You barely can see anyone you knew in the midst of this. Suddenly you thought of that place.

You hurriedly go to the 7th floor of the castle, hoping to come across him. As expected, you can see him, together with his friends heading to the left side of the castle.

    “Draco!”

He stops in his tracks before slowly moving his face to look at you, the only person he doesn't want to see now, but also dying to see.

“What are you doing here, YN?” he asks.
“Draco, please stop. Don't do whatever you're trying to do”, you approach him.

He didn’t deny, nor confirm your accusation.

“You should evacuate, YN. It’s not safe here.” he says
“Then you should evacuate with me, Draco”
“I have something to do”
“But that's not the right thing to do. Please, Draco,” you plead to him.
“You don't understand, YN! I have to do this” 
“Enlighten me, then”

You tug at his arm, not wanting to let him go. But he swat away your hand, harder than he meant to.

“It’s none of your business! You wouldn’t understand it anyway” 

He slightly pushes you away from him before turning his back and strides away with his sidekicks.You just stand there for a while, feeling empty after watching them go. 

But no! You decided that you can’t let him do the wrong things again. You must prevent him from submitting to the dark side. Not anymore! So you hurriedly went after him, trying to catch up before he managed to do the worse thing. As you arrive at the Room of Requirement, you can hear battle going on in there.

You found Draco and Harry together with their own squads, fighting as different opposition in the battle. So, you decide to join the battle. You bring out your wand, and point to Draco before you cast a spell, just enough to distract him from Harry. He turned his head toward you, his eyes widened as he saw you there.

“Go, Harry! I’ll take it from here” you shout.

He is shocked by your sudden interference, but quickly goes away to resume his purpose, to find the diadem. Draco tries to chase Harry, but you block him.

“Not so fast, Malfoy! You have to go through me first”

Now you stand in his stead, face-to-face with Draco. You look hard into his eyes, determined.

“Step aside, YN! I don't want to hurt you.”, he says
“I don't care about what you want. Fight me or give up”
 “I don't want to fight you!”
“Oh, you wish”

You cast a spell towards Draco but he manages to evade it. He tries to escape you but you still come after him, casting spells now and then.

“You can’t avoid me forever, Malfoy! Fight me!” you shout.
“Go away, YN!”
“I just want you to do the right thing, Draco”

You corner him, pointing your wand toward him. 

    “Please, Draco”

Having no other choice, he decides to fight you back, face hardly showing expression. You both engage in a heated battle, before he manages to knock you down and disarms your wand. But instead of finishing you, he left you to join the battle with Harry. 

When you regain your strength, you see them still battling. And somehow, Crabbe manages to unleash Fiendfyre, setting the room ablaze uncontrollably. Then you saw Draco from far, about to cast a spell on Harry. Without thinking, you throw yourself in front of Harry to shield him, causing the spell to hit and slam you into a nearby pile of junk. Harry rushes to help you free from the junk that falls onto you.

“It’s okay Harry, just leave”
“How can I just leave someone who saved me?”
“Your life’s more precious after all. You’re our hope”, you smile slightly.

“Find the diadem, and escape. I’ll manage it here”, you add.
“How can you manage– you can’t even stand on your own!” Harry stresses.. 
“It's okay. The least I know is that he'll not kill me…”

You both look at Draco. He just stands there, horrified about what he just did to you. As if just awakened, he paces to you slowly, while Harry steps back and finds a way to save everyone.

“I’m sorry, YN. I–, I'll not do that again. Not to you.”, he holds you.
"I just need you to do the right things, Draco. Don't side with 'You Know Who'. That's not who you are. You're not evil" 
“I promise! I promise to you that I'll not do that again. But, we must escape. I must carry you to safety. I’m so sorry, YN”

Draco apologised profusely. Almost crying, regretting what he had done. You just look at him, barely able to hold consciousness, but feeling content that you’re held by him again. The golden trio stops by to help you, Draco and Goyle escape with the broomstick.