CHAPTER 10 - Extended

It's the last year, you are watching him get his degree, but from the stands, you are a year younger than him. He is getting out of the school before you. He looks at you, bows his head and smiles. You understood, you may never see him again and he was asking to meet for the last time.

"I don't have much time in hand now, but I will miss you. Don't think about me, do well and we may meet again". 

He gives a warm hug and embraces for some time and then parts ways. He engraved himself in your heart and asks to not think about him, tsk, a promise broken already.

A year later, you are one of the graduates now, ready to pursue a job and settle yourself and your first preference is Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Their- now, George's business was thriving. He knows you so fixing the spot was easy. You get the job and are making enough to serve a family of your own. 

Draco, you suddenly remember him, like you did everyday for the 3 years since you graduated, as if he was thinking about you at the same time. You realise it's 5th June, and so maybe try to find a way to meet him? You ask some customers but none of them were willing to say his name. He was again this lonely man only you could love, and you knew where you could spot him. You took yourself to Hogwarts, met some juniors but didn't get a hint of him, went to the ministry of magic, asked around, couldn't find him.

At last, you went to and waited at Honeydukes, his favourite place to meet on his birthday. But alas, he wasn't there either. Your day went into boredom, and sadness, but you were willing to wait for him for even a decade if needed. 

Next day, you are at your usual place by the counter when you see a child walking up to you and asking for some candies. You pull some out of your bag and give them for free, but that wasn't your concern, it was the woman he entered with.

It was very clearly her child. You said, "Hey, I gave him some chocolates if you don't mind, those were from me, but if you wanna buy something—" you stopped, she wanted to speak.

"Do you know Draco?"
"Yes, I do"
"How did you know him"
"We- we were together..."
"Ah, I see- this- this is for you. Don't worry, it's not a ticking bomb or a spell, just a letter. Read it and maybe preserve it, I don't know" 

She turns and walks away with her child. You hold it in your hands for a moment and then tuck it in your bag.

You return home, dark with the green velvet curtain covering most of the window, a lot gloomy outside, and now you have a letter from the lady. You sit down on a couch with some hot cocoa and a warm blanket to read. You open it up:

"Sorry, couldn't tell it to your face that I loved you, that I wanted to grow a family with you. But now it's not worth it. You must have gone to Hogsmeade on my birthdays, if no, well it's fine, since I'm sorry for never putting in the effort to meet you. Sorry to push you away from me when I did bad things on his command. Thank you for being there for me all this time, since year 2nd, till the very end I thought about you. 

I got married to the woman who gave you this letter. Did you see Scorpius? Was he a good boy? I hope he was. Sorry if she wasn't the happiest person, but she tried her best to fill the void I had without you. I love both of you, so don't hold any grudges, none of this happened because of any of you. It was my decision, don't get mad, don't cry, start travelling,I know it'll help you, but don't think about me. Be connected to Scorpius, I want him to know you, he will turn out to be a great man, I promise. 

By the time you are reading this letter, I am gone, to the stars as they say. No, I could not take the pain anymore. Without you, it all fell apart. I could not keep up, I could not do anything.

Don't worry about me anymore, don't. 

With love, 

Draco Malfoy"