CHAPTER 7

You enter Umbridge’s office after you knock. You eyes her office full of vibrant pink colored things before she asks you to sit. 

    “So why do you want to see me, Miss Y/L/N?”
“Prof. Umbridge, I want to join the Inquisitorial Squad.”
“And why is that, dear?”
“I believe you're in need of someone to help you maintain the order around Hogwarts after Prof Dumbledore's absence. I'm not saying you're incapable of that, but it's better to have the help as much as you can, and I'm here to offer that.”

“So what can you offer to help?”
“Well… The juniors respect me, and I have a good record in academics and leadership. I assure you I can be useful to you”

She looks at you and thinks for a moment before flashing her trademark smile.

“Very well, Miss Y/L/N. I hope you will not disappoint me”
“Thank you so much, Prof. Umbridge”, you smile back at her.

Suddenly Pansy barges into the office without knocking.

    “You can’t do that, professor! She doesn’t have the right to be in your squad!”
“I’ve already decided, dear. And next time, please knock before you enter my office, Miss Parkinson. You being in the squad doesn’t give you the right to barge into my office”
“I’m sorry, professor”

You turn yourself to face Pansy before holding out your hand to shake her.

    “I hope we can work together nicely, Pansy”

You smile slyly at her. She looks at you, disgruntled, before actually shaking your hand half-heartedly. 

"That's very good, dear. Be nice to each other. I expect the best from you two." Umbridge says, feeling satisfied. 

After you come back to your dormitory, Amie and Bella hurriedly go to you. 

"What happened, YN? Why did you suddenly join the squad?" 
"Yeah, I thought you hated them."
"Calm down, girls. What's wrong with the squad?" 

"It's THE Umbridge's Squad! What's wrong you said?? " they continue to press you. 
"They abuse their power and treat people however they like! Don't say to me you want to be like them" 
"Well, it's nice to have power, don't you think?", you smirk at them. 

"That's not YN that we know.'', Amie says, slightly disappointed. 
"Don't worry, girls. You'll understand later",  you say, trying to reassure your friends. 

Few days later, you hear commotion near the Great Hall. You see Pansy and her squad taunting a small  group of 4th Year Hufflepuff students. 

"—Or do you want me to send you to Prof. Umbridge's Office?" Pansy threatening them. 
"What happened, Pansy?" you ask her. 
"It's none of your business, YN!" she barks at you. 
"Well, I have the same business as you, as I'm also in the squad. And we promised to work together nicely, didn't we?" you flash a diplomatic smile to her. 

"Now, does anyone want to tell me what's going wrong?" 
"They want to deduct the points from our House just because we're Muggleborns" one of the Hufflepuff says. 
"Then they want to send us to Prof. Umbridge's office just because we disagree," another Hufflepuff adds. 

"You question Prof. Umbridge's order, and authorities given to us, so you deserved that!" one of Pansy's minion retorts.
"I see… Well, there's nothing wrong with some visits to the professor's office though."

Hufflepuff students' faces turned to horror as you said that while Pansy and her squad smiled satisfiedly. 

"However I don't think we should bother professor with trivial things like this. You wouldn't want her to think you're incapable of handling this matter right, Pansy?” 

She's caught off guard as her smile slowly fades. 

"I'll say we just deduct some more points from them if that's what you really want. They'll learn their lesson either way." you add. 
"Whatever! You handle it YN!", Pansy says. 

Your eyes follow them as they stomp out from the scene before facing the Hufflepuff students again. 

"Do me a favour, will you? If you see them again, run the opposite way." you whisper to them. 
"Thank you, YN." 
"No problem. Just don't tell anyone I help you out, okay. And, sorry about what they did" you say apologetically.”