1.35 | All I Want

ᒍᗩᕼᗩᖇI ᗰᗩᗴ YOᑌᑎᘜ
ᑕᕼIᑕᗩᘜO

Saturday, September 27Hospital 8pm

Hospital
8pm

I stare at my finger nails as my legs shook uncontrollably.

We've been here for four hours and haven't heard anything.

I can't take this heavy rock on my heart.

"Jaharia, Hm." Lontrell said passing me a water bottle.

I held it in my hand and cried.

Come on Loriel, you gotta explain this to me bro. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

I really do hope she holds on for the baby, he didn't even get a chance. God please.

Lontrell lean on the seat rubbing my back.

Mel was sitting on the other side of us with his mom and sister.

He was more hurt than me, that is his child in there.

"Family of Loriel Fenix." The doctor came out.

I stood up and quickly walk towards her. I'm on all Loriel paperwork as her only family because she didn't have any.

I mean her mom died and her dad lives in Haiti so I'm all she really gots.

"You're Jaharia Young?" She ask and I nodded my head. "Can you come with me please, this only something I can explain to the family of Ms. Fenix?"

I look at Lontrell then Mel. "He's her baby father so - yea."

"Okay." She said.

I remember following the doctor to the back room for them to tell me my Granny died.

I already know what she's about to tell me and I think I'm mentally prepared.

I sat down next to Mel as the lady place the paper in front of me causing me to break down. I guess I wasn't mentally prepared.

"I am so sorry for your lost, we did everything that was in our control to save Ms. Fenix but -" The doctor started.

It felt like I wasn't blacking out and everything was going in slow motion but fast at the same time.

"We were able to deliver the baby through C section while her organs was still alive." She said and it felt like Loriel left him for us at that moment she was there.

"Oh." I cried.

Mel dropped his head. I rubbed his back as he cried.

"He's small but not premature small which is a miracle." The doctor said. "Would you like to see him?"

"Ye-yea." Mel said standing up.

The doctor looked at me as I signed the papers.

My best friend is really gone.

"Would you like to see her?" The doctor ask. I don't really think I'm strong for that right now.
"Well someone's is gonna have to claim the body."

I look at Mel. "I'll do it." He said helping me stand up.

10pm

"He so small." I said as Zaire wrap his tiny fingers around my pinky.

This is such a bitter sweet moment and Zaire is such an miracle baby. I can't wait to watch him grow.

He looks a little like Loriel but you can barely tell with the tape on his face and he was connected to these tubes.

I just wish I can hold him and tell him how much his mommy loved him.

Visiting hours been over but the doctor let me stay for a while longer. Mel is gonna stay overnight with Zaire.

"Alright lil sis." Mel hugged me. I hugged him back tightly. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Mel not gonna know what to do with a baby by himself so I have to be there for him.

"Call me with any updates." I said grabbing my bag.

"Alright."

I walk out to Lontrell car and got in.

"Come here." He said grabbing my arm. I crawl into the drivers seat with him and buried my face in his chest.

He kiss my forehead as I continued to cry.

This shit hurt. This the worst fucking feeling ever.

~CynnNaniCarter

~CynnNaniCarter