Chapter 4

Mira

I was shocked. I stood there taking in all he said. Then I thought about what I said. The stupid embarrassing things I said and did. Ugh I wish I could take it all back. Well doesn't matter I'll try to sleep it off. The next morning I woke up and went to school. I swear it was the longest day of my life. I just couldn't wait to see Jack. I was doing my functions homework when I heard a knock on the window. I looked over and saw Jack. I stood up and opened the window. "Hey there." He said. "Hey!" I said back. "So." He said while walking around my room looking at my things. He stopped at the empty vase at the side of my bed." Want to go somewhere?" "Sure! just let me grab my coat!" I said then came back all bundled up. "but to get there," he said, "We have to I couldn't help but be excited. Flying? What girl my age or just any girl had the chance to fly? Probably close to none. So when he said we have to fly I jumped at the chance. "Perfect." I said, " Lets go!" He grinned. "Okay your going to have to hold my hand." He blushed. I went to reach for his hand, my fingers just brushed his and I felt an electrical shock coursing through me. I don't know if it was because he was ice cold (well they don't call him Jack Frost for nothing) or something else. I quickly brushed that thought away. "Sorry," I said, "just had to adjust my glove." He didn't look convinced. I grabbed his hand again. He didn't even ask I I was ready and jumped out of the window. I was so tempted to scream when I thought we were falling but then the wind picked up and we flew across the top of trees. Over houses, cars, people and no one noticed. I kinda felt like Wendy in Peter Pan. We came to the forest and flew over it for a bit until we came to a clearing. We gently landed on a pond. "The pond? Why here?" "I thought we could go skating." He replied. "But I didn't bri-" I started to say. "You didn't need to bring skates." He said as he started walking to a fresh patch of snow. He had his back turned towards me so I couldn't see what he was doing. When he turned around in his hands were a beautiful pair of ice skates. When I say ice I mean they were literally made of ice. "Try then on ." He said. I took them from his hand and tried them on. Perfect fit. I started skating and it felt like I was flying. The skates weighed nothing and they weren't even cold! Probably some magic thing. I skated around for a bit with him just watching me. After while I broke the silence, "So how did you become a guardian?" I asked. "Well," he said, "50 years ago...." We skated around and he told me the fascinating story about how he defeated Pitch the bogey man. When he finished I looked at my phone. "Ohmygosh it's 11:30pm I have to get home!" I carefully took off the skates but when I took them off they turned back into snow. I took his hand and we went off. When we came close to my house I opened the window and quietly slipped in. Jack hovered outside. "Well thanks for the amazing night." I said. "Your welcome. Well night! Ill be back tomorrow night again. If you want." I smiled, "That would be great. Night!" And he went off again.